Tracking of email opens & clicks

alexraben

Hi

We are set up with HubSpot and testing it out. We have installed the tracking code on our website for visitor monitoring. Question - when we send an email, a test to my Hotmail shows when I open them or click a link, and shows a 0 - 0 until I do. However, when we email a customer this isn't showing. Could you please advise how I fix this, please?  I have attached two images showing what I mean, with any contact details removed.

Many thanks, Alex

Showing.pngNot Showing.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post by accepting the 'solution' (HubSpot word).

Q: However, when we email a customer [open and click status] isn't showing in their Contact Timeline. Fix?

Short A: Could be a couple things. (test)

Longer A:

-1- Your contact record appears to have already existed at the time the email was sent.

-2- The customer may not have received the email -- meaning, the email was undelivered for one reason or another (e.g., bounce, etc.). 

If you'd like to test with me please send an email to [removed]. I'll open as soon as you report back here.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Frank on LinkedIn

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes
alexraben

Hi Frank

On one of the emails, the customer actually replied, and it didn't show up in Hubspot. They were already created as a contact in Hubspot.

So if they did reply, is there any reason Hubspot didn't pick up on this?

I can try other external emails address's to confirm the issue.

Thanks

Alex

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Hey Alex ( @alexraben ), I didn't mean to imply that email tracking is necessarily email address related.

There are other factors that come into play when tracking email via HubSpot's tools. Here are a few items to look for.

- The HubSpot tracking pixel wasn't inserted in the email at send time (for a variety of reasons)

- The sender's browser/email client isn't playing nice

- The sender's mailbox wasn't connected to HubSpot when the email was sent

Also, here's a troubleshooting article that may help you resolve.

- see Troubleshooting the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Frank on LinkedIn

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes
alexraben

Many thanks Frank - really appreciated. I will take a look further and do some more testing.