Tracking contracts' fulfillment

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello all,

Our company provides annual (master) contracts to many clients. In those master contracts, we agree to provide a certain amount of products to them.  Is there a way for us to log the fulfillment progress in Hubspot, because currently the workflow stops when we win or lose a deal? For example, as we move toward the end of the year, if they only use up half of the agreed amount, we would like to know in order to remind them to utilize our services. 

I understand that we could create an opportunity for each time they use our services, but some products would not make any sense if we do it that way. 

Thank you very much. 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hi @lilanguyen

One workaround that I can think of would be creating a more perminant record for the contract (such as a company or contact) and then using deals for each installment of their contact. This would allow you to have a general log of activity and record each piece of the contract. 

Additionally, you could create a deal pipeline specific for the installments, and then move the deal through the installments as deal stages. 

@kcooper & @Trumeter do you have any suggestions for @lilanguyen?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Is there another tool that you are using now to track your product delivery? Perhaps there is a way to integrate that with HubSpot. 

For example: We use Accelo as our Project Management tool to manage our solution delivery (we are a mobile applications company) projects. This integrates with HubSpot, and you can create custom fields both in HubSpot and Accelo that will cause a field update in HubSpot when something changes in Accelo. 

Is this something that you could do? 

Depending on how you track your products/services, there are several different ways I can imagine this happening for you...

I also like the idea of creating a Product pipeline for the products you deliver and then moving the deal through the pipeline (say your deal stages were actually percentages of fulfillment) as you continue to deliver...

I think to help you further I would need more details

New Contributor

@kcooper: Thank you for your answer.

We don't use any fancy system to track contract fulfillment. We use Excel and Google Sheet to do so, which is why I am looking for a way to track contract fulfillment on Hubspot. 

@jennysowyrda: Thank you for your answer. Could you provide a bit more details on how we can create a Deal pipeline?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @lilanguyen

You can follow the steps outlined in this article for creating a deal pipeline.

Thanks,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@jennysowyrda: Great! Thank you very much!

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Adding my two cents but think you have the answer here already from the others.  I would recommend that you create a new pipeline, and separate your pipelines - New Business and Contract Fulfillment.  So when someone closes, you create a deal for that contract to help you track the contract delivery/fulfillment.  Define the stages in your Contract pipeline to help you know the completion (or lack of) for each customer.  I don't know your business well given the short question, but this does seem a way you can track the contract, and even be able to see in an easy visual form how all of your existing contracts are doing.

One addl item, because of the deal stage automation feature, you can make sure you track contract fullfillment information as needed through the year by adding any needed tasks to each deal stage.