CRM

CompridoBJJ
Participant

Tracking contact status... tips?

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I am new to HubSpot and I am loving the program so far. However, I do have an issue... I have way too many contacts/potential clients but I am not able to know which ones are at what stage, do you guys have any recommendations for me to improve that? Also, I really dislike the way that HubSpot uses notifications when a contact replies to an email, those contacts should be bumped up to the first and the "Created date" tab should be updated to the date of the last interaction.  

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I have way too many contacts/potential clients but I am not able to know which ones are at what stage, do you guys have any recommendations for me to improve that? Also, I really dislike the way that HubSpot uses notifications when a contact replies to an email, those contacts should be bumped up to the first and the "Created date" tab should be updated to the date of the last interaction.

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Welcome @CompridoBJJ ...

Like anything worth learning, HubSpot jiu-jitsu takes time to master.

You're going to want to take a look at the following ...
- HubSpot's default contact properties -- (specifically Lead Status and Last Contacted Date) should help you.
- Create custom properties -- these will allow you to manage/tag contacts however you see fit.
- Create and customize saved filters -- these will allow you to re-order contacts however you need (e.g., by Last Contact Date, Create Date, City, etc.).

Again, welcome. Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CompridoBJJ 

There are a number of built in methods for segmenting contacts depending on where they are in the process:

• Lifecycle stage - applies throughout the marketing journey and beyond
  • Lead status - applies to the time between marketing qualification and deal creation
  • Deal stage - from creation of a deal through to closed won/lost

And you can create any custom properties you want if these don't fit the bill.

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CompridoBJJ 

There are a number of built in methods for segmenting contacts depending on where they are in the process:

• Lifecycle stage - applies throughout the marketing journey and beyond
  • Lead status - applies to the time between marketing qualification and deal creation
  • Deal stage - from creation of a deal through to closed won/lost

And you can create any custom properties you want if these don't fit the bill.

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I have way too many contacts/potential clients but I am not able to know which ones are at what stage, do you guys have any recommendations for me to improve that? Also, I really dislike the way that HubSpot uses notifications when a contact replies to an email, those contacts should be bumped up to the first and the "Created date" tab should be updated to the date of the last interaction.

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Welcome @CompridoBJJ ...

Like anything worth learning, HubSpot jiu-jitsu takes time to master.

You're going to want to take a look at the following ...
- HubSpot's default contact properties -- (specifically Lead Status and Last Contacted Date) should help you.
- Create custom properties -- these will allow you to manage/tag contacts however you see fit.
- Create and customize saved filters -- these will allow you to re-order contacts however you need (e.g., by Last Contact Date, Create Date, City, etc.).

Again, welcome. Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
CompridoBJJ
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you both, this really helped me. WIll get back to you guys if I have any other questions.