CRM

dtavenues
Contributor

Tracking and reporting on events and attendance

This has been asked in a variety of ways, but I wanted to start a new thread since marketing events and custom objects have been rolled out to see if there are any new thoughts. 

We are a school with multiple campuses and run many information events throughout the year. We need to be able to track registrations for each event and then mark attendance. We need to be able to see lists of contacts in each attendance status per event and crucially we want to be able to create a report that can for example show how many of our inquiries (Contacts) that completed an application (Deal) have attended an event broken out by Event Type (property).

We are willing to look at custom development, so the thought was to create an "Event" object and then an "Attendance" object. For each event create 3 attendances (Registered, Attended, Cancelled). The contacts get associated with the attendance objects and the attendances get associated with the Contacts. That gets us some of the way there, but the reporting I mentioned above is still not possible.

Curious to see if there are any thoughts on how to achieve this.

39 Replies 39
JMayhew6
Contributor

This actually completely tracks with our long-term strategy and intention. Unfortunately, we want to implement a new, cleaner event tracking method before 2023, and we felt like with less than a month of runway, we really simply did not have the time to architect this out. 😕

0 Upvotes
BrianSkov_WUD
Contributor

We are about to upgrade to Enterprise, so I will definitely be checking that out. 

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
MeganMacKeigan
Participant

We need regular attendance tracking as well!

tcultech
Contributor

We desperately need this, too, and it would be a major win if it were an option with the Pro tier where we don't have custom objects.

Sidenote: wouldn't it be cool if there were a Hub called Events Hub which would handle everything you need to do to sell tickets, register people, and track attendance for all your conferences and events? And it was fully functional for Pro tier with extra bells for Enterprise? Game. Changed. 🙂 

JFerraraVandis
Contributor

To be honest, I would be happy if they just got it to what I am use to in Saleforce.com from the early 2000’s.
A campaign view of all of my campaign stats by type of campaign. So it bothers me that Hubspot didn’t consider an event to be part of campaigns.
The fact that I can’t even manually edit what they built so far for events (in the contacts tab) is equally frustrating. I can’t manually track stats here.
And on a contact record – clear reporting of every event/campaign that they engaged with and level of participation.

So far behind.
JFerraraVandis
Contributor

The fact that this is still not available in Hubspot is frustrating

DEmery4

+1 also interested in how to do this

KWhelan
Contributor

+1 on wanting this

KMac
Participant

Has this been introduced yet? It would be good to have a formal record of those that attendended events/ webinars rather than those that just registered.

SPokrywa
Participant

@PamCotton has there been a solution to this issue?

0 Upvotes
JPockrandt
Participant

I am also looking for a solution to this exact question for tracking event attendance and impact for events hosted and attended by our team (we are a nonprofit). 

0 Upvotes
KOShaughnessy
Participant

Same - Non-profit looking to tracking attendance at our regularly recurring support group meetings. 🙂

BrianSkov_WUD
Contributor

We are taking part in webinars and get the lists of regitered contacts and actual attendees - not all registrants attends. 

How do we best track our events to see which contacts registers/attends and how much value that generates for our business?

@PamCotton did the experts not have any input at all?

@Josh@lynton@Phil_Vallender?

Are there any new features in HubSpot that can be used for tracking events and attendance?

dtavenues
Contributor

@PamCotton Seems like there is significant interest. Any further insights or ideas?

Daniel_13
Participant

+1 this would be very helpful

KimRogers
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Would also love to know a solution for this 

mvdbree
Participant

+1 Would love to see reporting on marketing events as well.

0 Upvotes
YHigashi
Participant

I have the same challenge where I need to track event attendance for contacts. Have you found a solution for doing this in Hubspot?

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dtavenues 

Great way to start a conversation! I will tag some top experts to share their thoughts, @Josh@lynton@Phil_Vallender  what would you suggest  @dtavenues  to achieve his goal?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !