CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

Tracking Tradeshow Leads (using QR codes, landing pages, forms, CTA's, custom properties)

SOLVE
Hi everyone,
I could use your advice on how to track tradeshow leads. My organization is scheduled to attend about 25 shows this year. We’ve been experimenting with having a sign with a QR code at our booth for those who would like to immediately schedule a demo or request more info. It’s looks promising.

Here’s our process for lead capture with the QR code so far:
  • Tabletop Sign with QR code: the QR code goes to a HubSpot landing page created for that tradeshow.
  • Landing page has:

- HubSpot CTA with a scheduling link to the sales rep’s calendar (for immediately scheduling a software demo)

- HubSpot Contact form to fill out for more information. I have a hidden property that passes the show name to our CRM for reporting.

So that we can track the stats from the individual shows, it looks like we need to create a QR Code, landing page, and form for each show. Is that correct? So that at the end of the year we’ll have 25 QR Codes, 25 landing pages, and 25 forms for tradeshows. (I’m assuming this is the case since we’re using the hidden property property in the form to track the specific show as the source. This means we can’t re-use the same form over and over again.)

This feels like a lot and I’m wondering if there is an easier way to track all of these. What would you do?

Thank you!
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Tracking Tradeshow Leads (using QR codes, landing pages, forms, CTA's, custom properties)

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26 

Your proposed approach works. And there will always be some duplication/manual work required, as you say, to distinguish between events. 

However, you dont necessarily need a unique form per event since you can:

1. Set a different hidden field value on each HubSpot landing page or
  2. change the value in the hidden field between events if reusing the page (as long as events don't coincide)

While you could, in theory, get away with one QR code and one page (by changing the hidden field for each event) this will reduce the amount of personalisation to each event you can introduce, so you may decide the saving in terms of effort isnt worth it.

An alternative to getting the user to scan a QR code to load a page on their device is to display a page on a device on your stand (i.e. an iPad) with the form set to create new contact for every submission (rather than updating/overwriting the previously created one). There are pros and cons to both approaches. 

There may also be other ways, and even integrations, to automate some of this programatically. Let's see what others suggest. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KStAngel
Contributor

SOLVE

@Jenny26 you could use just one form by generating a QR code per show that puts the hidden trade show field's value in the querysting. You can read more about passing querystring values to your forms here:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string

0 Upvotes
bossman

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26 ,

It sounds like you're managing a complex process with multiple shows. momencio could simplify this for you. Our platform allows for easy tracking of trade show leads without the need for creating multiple QR codes, landing pages, and forms for each event. With momencio, you can scan attendee badges or business cards, instantly creating a lead record. You can customize follow-up actions, including scheduling demos or sending information, all within the app. This reduces manual effort and ensures efficient tracking and follow-up for each show. Plus, all data seamlessly integrates with your CRM, maintaining the source for accurate reporting. 

I hope this helps! Happy Holidays and a positive 2024. May your events be ultra-successful and stress-free.

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! I'll take a look!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jenny26 

Your proposed approach works. And there will always be some duplication/manual work required, as you say, to distinguish between events. 

However, you dont necessarily need a unique form per event since you can:

1. Set a different hidden field value on each HubSpot landing page or
  2. change the value in the hidden field between events if reusing the page (as long as events don't coincide)

While you could, in theory, get away with one QR code and one page (by changing the hidden field for each event) this will reduce the amount of personalisation to each event you can introduce, so you may decide the saving in terms of effort isnt worth it.

An alternative to getting the user to scan a QR code to load a page on their device is to display a page on a device on your stand (i.e. an iPad) with the form set to create new contact for every submission (rather than updating/overwriting the previously created one). There are pros and cons to both approaches. 

There may also be other ways, and even integrations, to automate some of this programatically. Let's see what others suggest. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your reply!  Very helpful!

One question:

How do I set set a different hidden field value on each HubSpot landing page? It looks like if I set the hidden property in the form in one landing page, it changes for all of them. am I misunderstanding?

Thanks again,

Jenny