CRM

kmilnes
Teilnehmer/-in

Tracking Supplemental Documents Metadata

I work in higher education and have a scenario where we are tracking applications as deals. We need to also track the supplemental documents associated with each application: document type, received date, [a couple other properties]. There are multiple document types and it's possible to have multiple items with the same type (identified by a document ID).

We'll store the actual documents externally and import that tracking metadata (document type, received date, [a couple other properties]) on a daily basis. I'm waffling on the most efficient way to track the supplemental documents. My initial thought was a custom object so I can fully control what we need and how it's displayed. But part of me thinks I can accomplish this using line items or .

I'm wondering if anyone out in the HubSpot world is working with a similar scenario and whether you have a suggestion for what path I should take. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @kmilnes

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I want to tag in a couple of other users to see if they have any input on this matter: 

Hi @IanRogers@darynsmith@Sheamus, any best practices or experiences with file management in HubSpot that you could share with us? Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

kmilnes
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Mia, 

I ended up creating a custom object, which seems to be working well enough. We'll see what happens as time goes on! 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Thank you for the update @kmilnes!

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes