CRM

edugon

Tracking Company Lead Status

SOLVE

Howdy Friends

I would love to get some insight on the best ability to maintain company and contact lead statuses.

We have several hundred key accounts we want to keep track of and have a heavy outbound strategy. As the lead status of a contact changes, we want to track it at the account level to create dashboards that show us where our key accounts sit in our funnel.

What would be the best way to approach this? Would I just have to create workflows that copy the most advanced contact lead status to the company or is there a more efficient way?

Thanks in advance 💚

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edugon,

If you want to work with the company Lead status, then yes, copying the contact Lead status into the company Lead status would be one option. Keep in mind that simply copying the latest contact value into the company record might cause a company to "go back" in Lead status. (You can avoid this with some clever if/then branching.)

Alternatively, you could approach this the other way around. Your users could update the company lead status which would then be copied into all associated contacts. (Keep in mind that this copy workflow should re-enroll companies based on the number of employees so that new contacts also get the latest value.)

I don't think there's a right/wrong here. It depends on what suits your day to day processes best. I would probably go with the first option and some clever branching. (e.g. if company Lead status is Connected and contact Lead status is New, do nothing)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edugon,

If you want to work with the company Lead status, then yes, copying the contact Lead status into the company Lead status would be one option. Keep in mind that simply copying the latest contact value into the company record might cause a company to "go back" in Lead status. (You can avoid this with some clever if/then branching.)

Alternatively, you could approach this the other way around. Your users could update the company lead status which would then be copied into all associated contacts. (Keep in mind that this copy workflow should re-enroll companies based on the number of employees so that new contacts also get the latest value.)

I don't think there's a right/wrong here. It depends on what suits your day to day processes best. I would probably go with the first option and some clever branching. (e.g. if company Lead status is Connected and contact Lead status is New, do nothing)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SOLVE

Karsten, why doesn't this set up work?   

05452_0-1647960839718.png

the workflow test passes the test:

05452_1-1647960969624.png

yet: 

05452_2-1647961013742.png

and: 

05452_3-1647961033948.png

0 Upvotes