CRM

gpicajr
Participante

Tracking Call Duration for Zoom Meetings

resolver

Our management team wants to start tracking "talk time" as metric for sales activity.  I've seen this mentioned a few times in other posts but have not yet seen a suitable solution.

We have two people who are primarily calling warm leads to set schedule demos, so we are able to have them dial out of hubspot and track their call duration no problem.

The 2 people who do demos, however, do these over zoom. 

I've seen suggestions in the forums for creating a custom field to enter estimated call duration. But I believe this would only be useful as an activity field and not a contact field. And I don't believe it's possible to create activity fields.

Any workarounds or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Right now it seems like my best option is to actually have my salespeople manually dial through HubSpot into their own zoom meetings, and this would be a great annoyance for them.

1 Soluciones aceptada
StefaniUAT
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

No, unfortunately, they do not. Please forgive me as I am on the backend and do not run zoom meetings and this may be a stupid question... Is there a reason that your employees would not be able to do Zoom Webinars vs. Zoom Meetings?

If you are unable to do Webinars. You could always create a custom property: "Zoom Demo Demonstration", have your employees doing demos add it to their "About Contact" section, and then it would be a super quick update for the employee. However, this would not track who did the demo unless the demo owner was also the contact owner. If you also needed this for reporting, you could then create another property Demo Owner for example. Even filling out both of these two fields would take the employee less than a minute from start to finish if the contact was easily searchable/pulled up already.

It leaves room for human error, however, I feel as though demos are a huge Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and most salespersons would feel the need to track this as a job performance indicator. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
cstewartPCI
Participante

resolver

We need this feature too for our Account Executives.  They are on Zoom all day, but activity tracking looks like they are doing nothing.  How can we get this on the radar for Hubspot's software roadmap.  Very important to customers.

kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @cstewartPCI,

Thank you for reaching out; that is a great suggestion and I appreciate you explaining how it would help you out. Currently, our product team reviews all feature requests submitted via our  the ideas forum. I highly encourage you to submit this feature! 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
StefaniUAT
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hello, I have a possible workaround.  

Zoom has a webinar Integration in which is automatically tracks "Average Zoom webinar attendance duration" into a contact field. You could then create a workflow that when "Average Zoom webinar attendance duration" is known, create a task "23 minutes Zoom Demo" with the amount of time first in the subject line so you can easily sort by duration. This way you can create lists, reports, and workflows based on activities only (not cross object). This would make it completely automated for your reps. However, the automated contact property would be the best way to go.

However, I really don't see why demo duration can't be a contact property versus an activity property. There would be no difference in a contact property versus activity property unless you did not want to do cross-object reporting. Is there a specific use case you could not use demo duration as a contact property or deal property?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
gpicajr
Participante

resolver

Thank you for your reply. It seems to me that because these are individual meetings and not "webinars" which are two separate types of zoom events, the integration does not track the stats for these. 

StefaniUAT
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

No, unfortunately, they do not. Please forgive me as I am on the backend and do not run zoom meetings and this may be a stupid question... Is there a reason that your employees would not be able to do Zoom Webinars vs. Zoom Meetings?

If you are unable to do Webinars. You could always create a custom property: "Zoom Demo Demonstration", have your employees doing demos add it to their "About Contact" section, and then it would be a super quick update for the employee. However, this would not track who did the demo unless the demo owner was also the contact owner. If you also needed this for reporting, you could then create another property Demo Owner for example. Even filling out both of these two fields would take the employee less than a minute from start to finish if the contact was easily searchable/pulled up already.

It leaves room for human error, however, I feel as though demos are a huge Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and most salespersons would feel the need to track this as a job performance indicator. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @gpicajr,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @LROADY @InsightStudio @ajchapman20 , would you be able to share your thoughts with @gpicajr?

Thanks,
Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta