CRM

Daniel-BC
Participant

Total value of deals for Company

SOLVE

Hi, I'm trying to build a workflow that flags any clients that have more than $100,000 worth of deals created in a month. Is there a way to get the total $ value of all deals? I can see deals closed and total revenue but need all stages included. 

1 Accepted solution
joshua-paul
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Daniel-BC , here is how I would do this:

Step 1) Create a custom deal property that flags whether the deal was created within the month. Make this property a drop down with YES and No as the values.

Step 2) Create a workflow that sets that property to YES or NO on the deal record depending on when it was created. Unfortunately, you are going to have to adjust the dates in that workflow at the beginning of each month since there is no option to chose "within the month" as the date range.

2020-01-24 14_19_59-Test Deals Created This Month _ HubSpot.png

Step 3) Create a custom calulated property on the company object that rolls up all of the deal amounts associated with that company. Add an additional condition to only pull deals where the custom deal property you created in the previous step is set to YES.

2020-01-24 14_24_01-.png

Step 4) After you test to make sure this data is pulling correctly by spot checking this value on a few companies, create your workflow that will create a task when that calculated company property amount hits $100,000.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Daniel-BC,

There is no property that directly correlates to the dollar amount in all open deals. What is the end goal of having the workflow set up with this information? Depending on the end goal, there may be other options! 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Daniel-BC
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your response. The end goal is to have a workflow that creates a task to call any client that has had more than $100,000 worth of deals created within a calendar month.

Alternatively if we could highlight the 10 clients with the highest dollar value of deals created in the last calendar month that would also work.

Thank you,

Daniel

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Daniel-BC,

The one property that may help is the total revenue contact property for contacts, which would enable you to see the top ten contacts with revenue, however that would only work if the revenue was only associated with one contact in the company. 

@matthodkinson@joshua-paul can you think of any other tips that would help @Daniel-BC?

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
joshua-paul
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Daniel-BC , here is how I would do this:

Step 1) Create a custom deal property that flags whether the deal was created within the month. Make this property a drop down with YES and No as the values.

Step 2) Create a workflow that sets that property to YES or NO on the deal record depending on when it was created. Unfortunately, you are going to have to adjust the dates in that workflow at the beginning of each month since there is no option to chose "within the month" as the date range.

2020-01-24 14_19_59-Test Deals Created This Month _ HubSpot.png

Step 3) Create a custom calulated property on the company object that rolls up all of the deal amounts associated with that company. Add an additional condition to only pull deals where the custom deal property you created in the previous step is set to YES.

2020-01-24 14_24_01-.png

Step 4) After you test to make sure this data is pulling correctly by spot checking this value on a few companies, create your workflow that will create a task when that calculated company property amount hits $100,000.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Daniel-BC
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Joshua,

I ended up using the basic concept but with a field on the deal level that stores month and year instead of yes/no and then another field on the company for each month. 

This is giving me some historic data for all clients as well which is good to have on hand.

Thank you,
Daniel

0 Upvotes