CRM

SPond

Too many emails going into HubSpot

SOLVE

I'm an editor who also does sales. I get hundreds of press releases daily and don't want those emails going into my HubSpot account for response. How do I set my email so HubSpot only receives emails from those I've sent to? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SPond,

This is how the conversations inbox is designed. Conversations inboxed are meant to be used to collect all incoming communication, usually for shared email addresses in teams, e.g. a customer service or a sales email alias. They're not meant to connect a personal inbox.

If you only want to see emails on contact records that are replies to your outgoing emails, you would connect your personal email address following these steps. This means that they won't show up under conversations inboxes anymore but on the contact records. You would use your Gmail to see all incoming emails. (This is how HubSpot is meant to be used.)

It's not possible to tell HubSpot which emails to let into conversations inboxes or not at this stage.

Additionally, there is a request to the product team to not automatically create contacts, however this is not being evaluated yet: Disable automatic contact creation for Conversations. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting, the product team reviews the requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SPond,

Where are you seeing these emails – on the contact record or under Menu > Conversations > Inbox?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SPond

SOLVE
Every email I receive in my gmail is now going into my HubSpot and showing
up under either Menu > Conversations > Inbox OR Spam. And these
email addresses are all automatically being added to my contacts as
Unassigned as well. I do not want all of this going into my HubSpot - just
the emails I've contacted through HubSpot. Please help.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SPond,

This is how the conversations inbox is designed. Conversations inboxed are meant to be used to collect all incoming communication, usually for shared email addresses in teams, e.g. a customer service or a sales email alias. They're not meant to connect a personal inbox.

If you only want to see emails on contact records that are replies to your outgoing emails, you would connect your personal email address following these steps. This means that they won't show up under conversations inboxes anymore but on the contact records. You would use your Gmail to see all incoming emails. (This is how HubSpot is meant to be used.)

It's not possible to tell HubSpot which emails to let into conversations inboxes or not at this stage.

Additionally, there is a request to the product team to not automatically create contacts, however this is not being evaluated yet: Disable automatic contact creation for Conversations. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting, the product team reviews the requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler