CRM

APCJon
Participant

Too many contacts from emails

SOLVE

We have our emails saved in Hubspot when we send or receive emails in Outlook.  It works well when we have a new buyer since we do not have to add all of the information.  But sometimes people are copied on the emails that are only needed for this one message and do not need to be saved in our CRM.  Is there a way to set up an approval process for additions to the CRM from emails?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @APCJon,

While there is no way to set up a review process, I would recommend leveraging the never log setting if the contacts are from similar domains. 

Additionally, I wanted to share this resource which reviews which contacts from the bcc feature will log. 

As an additional workaround, reviewing new contacts as they come into your portal may assist with removing contacts before they clutter your CRM up. Or, if you have workflows associated with your subscription you could set up a workflow to notify an internal user when a new contact is added to review the contact after they have been added to your CRM. 

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @APCJon,

While there is no way to set up a review process, I would recommend leveraging the never log setting if the contacts are from similar domains. 

Additionally, I wanted to share this resource which reviews which contacts from the bcc feature will log. 

As an additional workaround, reviewing new contacts as they come into your portal may assist with removing contacts before they clutter your CRM up. Or, if you have workflows associated with your subscription you could set up a workflow to notify an internal user when a new contact is added to review the contact after they have been added to your CRM. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
APCJon
Participant

SOLVE

I have set up on our dashboard a list of all new contacts and I can review them as they come in.  Many times when they come in through an email they are incomplete so I go back to the rep to fix it or delete it.

0 Upvotes