CRM

vn
Participant

Time stamp in Deal close date creating issues in multi geo views

SOLVE

Hi,

The deal close date property has timestamp built into it, (which is hidden and you don't see). However, this is creating a problem for me in reporting. So, on an evening say after 8 PM US Eastern time, if a sales rep in US records a deal with close date as 31st March, the deal shows as with close date as 1st April for someone in France or India. As a result, depending on where you are, the view of deals that the team will close in Q1 will be different! Has anyone come across this issue and found a way to solve this?

1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Ahh timezones! Always fun 🙂

As per the note on this article:

Please note: some elements of HubSpot use the time zone set in your computer instead of the time zone set in HubSpot. This includes timestamps for logged sales activities, record timelines, and property history.

I would check that your Hubspot account timezone is set as you'd like (which can also be a challenge for a global org!)  and beyond that I'm really not sure what you can do... other than exporting all the information and creating your own reports, which would be a big pain. Did you try changing your own timezone and seeing if that makes any difference to the reports? If you could at least set your timezone, extract a regional report, change your timezone, extract the next region, it might be some kind of workaround. Not a good one, though!

It does seem a little odd that HS is handling timestamps differently in this way -- I'm not really sure why that would be the case. It really ought to store all timestamps as UTC. Does this mean a Sales person who wants to sneak a deal through right at the end of a quater could just put their system timezone back a day? That seems... odd! I don't have a HS Sales account active at the moment, so I can't check -- maybe I'm reading that wrong?

Maybe someone else has other/better ideas!

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Ahh timezones! Always fun 🙂

As per the note on this article:

Please note: some elements of HubSpot use the time zone set in your computer instead of the time zone set in HubSpot. This includes timestamps for logged sales activities, record timelines, and property history.

I would check that your Hubspot account timezone is set as you'd like (which can also be a challenge for a global org!)  and beyond that I'm really not sure what you can do... other than exporting all the information and creating your own reports, which would be a big pain. Did you try changing your own timezone and seeing if that makes any difference to the reports? If you could at least set your timezone, extract a regional report, change your timezone, extract the next region, it might be some kind of workaround. Not a good one, though!

It does seem a little odd that HS is handling timestamps differently in this way -- I'm not really sure why that would be the case. It really ought to store all timestamps as UTC. Does this mean a Sales person who wants to sneak a deal through right at the end of a quater could just put their system timezone back a day? That seems... odd! I don't have a HS Sales account active at the moment, so I can't check -- maybe I'm reading that wrong?

Maybe someone else has other/better ideas!

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @vn 

Thank you for the information provided. This is really helpful. 

I'll invite a few experts to this conversation 🙂

Hey @Josh @AdamLPW @mike-ward  any thoughts or suggestions about this?

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !