CRM

Shlub
参加者

Tickets vs Deals for order fulfillment?

解決

Hi all,

We run an eCommerce website and I would like to track the fulfillment of orders after a deal is won. We're on a starter bundle.

Typically the customer will

- pay a deposit,

- sometimes pay in several installments,

- we then manufacture the product,

- ship, and

- confirm the customer is satisfied

Right now, we implement this as a few stages at the end of our main Deals pipeline. This has the advantage of being simple, but this means the deal is only counted as won after the shipping stage which can be months after the deposit has been placed (which should really be our won stage).

Q1. Should we be splitting this process across two pipelines, where deals are moved to the second pipeline when the deposit is paid?

+ better evaluation and forcasting

+ clearer separation of sales and operations

- more work to move the deals from one pipeline to the next

Q2. If yes, should I be using tickets or deals for the fulfilment pipeline?

For deals:

+ we don't need to pay extra seats for sales (our salespeople take care of fulfilment as well)

+ deals can be moved easily from one pipeline to the next (but would this mess up reporting?)

For tickets:

- Better separations and less confusion between sales and fullfillment.

- Any other advantages?

Thank you all for your help!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Shlub,

The phases that you're describing (deposit, payments etc.) do sound like a ticket pipeline would be a good solution here.

The main problem with a second deal pipeline would indeed be the reporting. Once a deal is moved to another pipeline, it wouldn't appear in, for example, the funnel report of the original pipeline anymore. From that perspective, I'd recommend working with tickets.

When it comes to other advantages, the main one is really a better level of transparency and overview. Aside from that, a few more reporting options open up should you ever upgrade to Service Hub Pro.

(It might seem like a solution to create another deal for each closed won deal to track fulfillment. However it's not possible to associate deals with deals, so it would be hard to find the corresponding records and the right sidebar of contact and company records would probably become messy.)

Depending on which features exactly you'd be planning to use in Service Hub, the free tools might even be sufficient here (if one ticket pipeline is enough).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
Shlub
参加者

解決

Thank you Connor, it seems like creating a ticket from an automation is not available for my subscription level. Still, it looks like tickets may be the way to go. I'll start experimenting, thank you both.

Shlub_0-1623765293731.png

0 いいね!
ConnorSlivensky
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決

I may be wrong but I believe you have access to pipeline automation and workflows. If so then you could just make the pipeline trigger the creation of a ticket and auto-assign it to the owner. They may need to flesh out the ticket a bit depending on what you can pull in but that would automate most of it.

karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Shlub,

The phases that you're describing (deposit, payments etc.) do sound like a ticket pipeline would be a good solution here.

The main problem with a second deal pipeline would indeed be the reporting. Once a deal is moved to another pipeline, it wouldn't appear in, for example, the funnel report of the original pipeline anymore. From that perspective, I'd recommend working with tickets.

When it comes to other advantages, the main one is really a better level of transparency and overview. Aside from that, a few more reporting options open up should you ever upgrade to Service Hub Pro.

(It might seem like a solution to create another deal for each closed won deal to track fulfillment. However it's not possible to associate deals with deals, so it would be hard to find the corresponding records and the right sidebar of contact and company records would probably become messy.)

Depending on which features exactly you'd be planning to use in Service Hub, the free tools might even be sufficient here (if one ticket pipeline is enough).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.