CRM

cgwhite

This property cannot be changed because it is in use by 1 app

SOLVE

Hi everyone, hope you are all staying well during this crisis...

I have a property that is currently set as a number field and I wish to change it to a single line text field due to the up and down arrows appearing next to the number. (Don't need that).  This is a test installation currently so have only a couple of contacts.  I have deleted those contacts that have this property in them and am left with a bare contact list.  I still cannot delete the property as it says "This property cannot be changed because it is in use by 1 app".  It does not tell me or give me any clue as to which app is using the property.  I have deleted it from all the places that I can think of: templates etc.  Does it treat a form as an app?

Hope someone can help.  Stay well.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MariaMilea
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@cgwhite hope you are well and staying safe!

When looking at properties you can see what dependencies are there - can be forms, workflows, lists, or some of them might be marked as required (e.g. a property that was marked as required and sales need to fill in before they create a contact)

You can see that under the Used In tab when you look at that specific property (Properties - Edit Property)

lifecyle.PNG

I hope this helps and have a great day! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MariaMilea
Solution

SOLVE

@cgwhite hope you are well and staying safe!

When looking at properties you can see what dependencies are there - can be forms, workflows, lists, or some of them might be marked as required (e.g. a property that was marked as required and sales need to fill in before they create a contact)

You can see that under the Used In tab when you look at that specific property (Properties - Edit Property)

lifecyle.PNG

I hope this helps and have a great day! 

0 Upvotes
cgwhite

SOLVE

Yep, that is the answer!  I had it included in a form.  Remove from form and change the type of the property and then put it back into the form.

0 Upvotes