CRM

RyanAbilar
Participant

There was an error updating this record's associations

Sherman Error.png

 

 

One of my users who used to have no issues in creating contact records in HS suddenly encountered this error. I tried to create the same exact record from my end (super admin), and was able to replicate the error. 

Error message: There was an error updating this record's associations

 

Upon checking, I noticed there is a potential record already created in the org. BUT, the record I saw does NOT have an email, and company. So, I concluded that this was not the cause. To further isolate, I tried to create an import sheet with only one record in it. It was for the record my user was trying to create. This time around, via the 'import' way. The record was created. 

 

Q. Why are we getting the same error message during record creation via the UI? What causes this error regardless if the user is standard or Super Admin?

Note: I am 101% sure that there wasn't any record in our HS with that email address. 

0 Upvotes
JKTobe
Member

There was an error updating this record's associations

I don't believe you are correct in that we have reached the maximum number of contacts per Company. Please refer to the document I've created to show you what I'm seeing happen.

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lEwMSple3nwqNxM6l1bVuQjpKhI1jFel/view?usp=sharing

 

Thanks for addressing this for me.  It's significantly hindering my workflow

Jeff

 

0 Upvotes
RyanAbilar
Participant

There was an error updating this record's associations

@JKTobe The reason for that error is the maximum number of contacts that can be associated to a single company. That being said, you can either do any of the options below to be able to still create that contact record and associate it to your targeted company record. 

1. Create the record via the Gmail Extension - this will bypass the error because the error message will only appear if the record is being created via the UI
2. Obviously, you can do an import too since this will create the record similarly from the backend like how the extension is doing it
3. Clean up - delete some contacts from that company record to free up some space. 

Hope this helps. Kindly mark as "Accept Solution" if my recommendations helped sort your issue out. 

0 Upvotes
JKTobe
Member

There was an error updating this record's associations

I'm having this same issue.  When I create a contact from using "Create Contact" button, when I go to save, I receive the same error

0 Upvotes
Ian_Matt
Participant

There was an error updating this record's associations

Hey @RyanAbilar ,

 

Could you clarify is there error only appearing when you do an import with 2 different files that are to be associated?

 

If so what column are you choosing to associate the records?

 

Kind Regards,

0 Upvotes
RyanAbilar
Participant

There was an error updating this record's associations

Hey Ian! 

 

The error ONLY occurs when creatiing a single contact record from the UI via the 'Create Contact' button. 

On the other hand, when I imported that 1 record I was trying to create from the UI that gets the error message, I only have the 'required' fields populated in my sheet. (Name, Email, Company, Job Title, etc). 

Best,

Ryan

0 Upvotes
MilesHeadStart
Contributor

There was an error updating this record's associations

Hi @RyanAbilar and @Ian_Matt - was there ever a solution found for this? We get this error but when trying to upload companies.

0 Upvotes
RyanAbilar
Participant

There was an error updating this record's associations

@MilesHeadStart I haven't heard of this error poppin out when creating Companies. I would suggest try importing it and let us know here if that works too. I would guess it should. As for resolution (concrete), I haven't heard from HS as of yet. 

0 Upvotes
MilesHeadStart
Contributor

There was an error updating this record's associations

Update: As far as I can tell, this was happening due to the fact that our State/Region property was set to a Multiple Checkbox type and when we were trying to add new companies that weren't included in those pre-determined options (or if it was formatted differently - aka "MD" instead of "Maryland") it was getting rejected. We solved this by exporting our company list > adjusting the property back to normal (single line text field input) > and importing our companies back in. We also added a custom property to select multiple cities for companies with multiple locations (which was the intent of originally editing that property in the first place.)

 

Importing works fine and the error occurs intermittently, eventually resolving but it comes back often and is a big-time inefficiency to import rather than just create a company on the fly.

Screen recording of this issue here

0 Upvotes