CRM

IceMao

The new value of updated import file couldn't cover the previous value :(

Here I will use an example to explain my question in details: 

Like if the "Lead Status" I uploaded as "Good" for the first time to some contacts, and later I wanna update it as "Bad", why couldn't the file I uploaded (as "Bad") the second time cover the first value of "Good"? 

I used the "email address " as the unique identifier, and another column is "Lead Status". And the second file I uploaded for twice, the problem still exists. The new value couldn't cover the previous one. 

I asked for help, but no technical support for me. That's really frustrated...

It will be deeply appreciated if someone could help, thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IceMao

Hi Karsten,

So sorry for the delay reply as the new year holiday. 

No, there isn't any error file of the recent import, that's what makes this even weirder.

Any ideas? 

Best,

Ice

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @IceMao,

Could you please share a screenshot of your import file (pixelating email addresses) and the Lead status on a contact record? (When you hover your mouse over the Lead status field, a Details button should appear. If you could take a screenshot of the sidebar that pops open, that would be even better.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IceMao

1-Previous.jpg2-Imported File Updated Content.jpg3-Imported File.jpg

Hi Karsten,

Thanks a lot for your reply, (as there are some Chinese words, hope it won't annoy you). 

Here I inserted 3 screenshots, I took a contact as the example. Like the first one shows, the Lead Status is "5-不合格/劣质客户" of him when I imported it in the first time, and the second pic shows that I changed the Lead Status to "13-退信-2nd", and then imported the file (at 3:33 AM of 01/18/2022, yesterday), and I even tried to import twice. But after that, this contact still in the Lead Status of "5-不合格/劣质客户", but haven't updated to the "13-退信-2nd", I don't know why the updated one couldn't cover the previous one. 

If I use the email as the unique identifier, and filled the new value of Lead Status (no more columns). It makes sense that the new value covers the old one. But why? 

Could you please help me? 

Thanks in advance. 

Ice

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @IceMao,

When you navigate to the import section (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Import) and scroll down, you should see your recent import.

Does the recent import show any errors? If so, can you please download the error file and share the error for the contact you're looking at? (Hover over the import for the buttons to appear.)

karstenkoehler_0-1642588656781.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.