CRM

frodeborli

The Form Collector is creating each new contact as a "lead"

SOLVE

The Form Collector is creating each new contact as a "lead". I tried to add a hidden form field

<input type="hidden" name="lifecyclestage" value="subscriber">

But that does not help. I can't find any documentation on what the form field should be called.

The problem is that these form submissions are not leads. They become much more interresting the moment they visit our website - if they visit it. Ideally, the system would make them leads if they visit our website.

We capture these e-mail addresses through a video embedded on a third party website.

Your product seems like an awesome tool, but this is a deal breaker for us.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @frodeborli, at this time, it is not possible to capture the hidden field data with collected forms. It's something that our team is investigating to add to the tool, but the challenge lies in establishing an effective way to do so. You might consider bulk editing these contacts to adjust their lifecycle stage after they've hit your database. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @frodeborli, at this time, it is not possible to capture the hidden field data with collected forms. It's something that our team is investigating to add to the tool, but the challenge lies in establishing an effective way to do so. You might consider bulk editing these contacts to adjust their lifecycle stage after they've hit your database. 

0 Upvotes
BasicOps

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue as the OP several months later, and afaik setting this value is now a supported feature: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-i-control-when-a-lifecycle-stage-cha... - or does this still not apply to collected forms?

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BasicOps, that feature is related to our Marketing tools that are avaialble with our Basic, Professional, or Enterprise subscriptions. The collected forms is our free tool, and doesn't support this functionality at this time. 

0 Upvotes