CRM

mzipursky
Participant

Text doesn't copy and paste properly into note?

SOLVE

Everytime I take a note in a notepad and then copy and paste it into a Hubspot CRM note all the text looses its formatting (line and paragraph breaks disappear). Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
eloyd
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Okay, here's what I did to get it to work.  Don't know how long it will work for.  I'm using Chrome.  If you're not using Chrome, this may not work.

Be logged into HS CRM in normal Chrome tab.

Open a new PRIVATE browser window.

Go to HubSpot.

Open whatever you want to paste into.

Paste the text from notepad.

It formatted properly.

Close window (don't log out).

Go back to normal browser window.

Paste now works HERE as well for some reason.

No clue.  I'm an IT professional and I have no clue.  I have no clue if this will work until I log out, until I close my browser, forever, until the solar eclipse; no clue.  YMMV*

*Your mileage may vary

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
smammone
Participant

SOLVE

I found a quick hack that will help when pasting bulletted copy from Word.   Paste it into a rich text format editor such as TextEdit (Mac) or NotePad (PC).   It will retain the bullets.  It may add some funky symbols, but at least it will resemble an ordered list.  

Example:

• - Changing strategy
    • o Focus on Quality
      • ♣ first line
      • ♣ second line
Dwain
Participant

SOLVE

I don't know if this is still a problem as it works ok for me the paragraph are the same numbers comma's everything looks ok for me.

Dwain

0 Upvotes
Ebelaue
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same problem

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Ebelaue,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please share more information around where you are getting stuck? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JVierck

SOLVE

I am still having issues with this. I try to paste my text into a note and then I get an error that says, Page Unresponsibe and does not paste my intended text. 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JVierck and everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'd like to ask clarifying questions to make sure I understand what's happening:

- Where are you trying to create a note? On a contact record? On a company record? Other?
- From where do you copy the text? From a notepad? From another tool? Which one?
- The error message "Page Unresponsive" only happens on the HubSpot platform or on other tools too?
- Do you have other applications open at the same time?
- Are other users having the same error message?
- Can you please try in an incognito window or another browser to see if this helps with this behavior?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @SarahX@mangelet and @jforte do you have any tips to help @JVierck with this, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a good day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
mzipursky
Participant

SOLVE

Anyone have ideas on this? Thanks.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @mzipursky @eloyd @Colton this isn't something I"m currently able to reproduce.

Would it be possible for you all to share screenshots to compare what you are copying and how it is pasting?

Furthermore, could you confirm if you are using keyboard commands to copy/paste?

0 Upvotes
mzipursky
Participant

SOLVE

@roisinkirby Was there a fix deployed for this? I just tested now and it seems to be working. First time.

0 Upvotes
eloyd
Participant

SOLVE

As I said in my reply previour to yours, I was able to make it work following the steps I listed.  I am a 150+wpm typer, so I was using Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V to copy/paste.

0 Upvotes
Colton

SOLVE

The same thing is happening to us. We used to be able to paste allot of html formatted text... line breaks, even images and stuff. but now none of the formatting pastes at all. It just jumbles all the text together!

mzipursky
Participant

SOLVE

In our case even text from a notepad doesn't get formatted properly anymore. Anyone from Hubspot can help?

eloyd
Participant

SOLVE

Yawn.  Silence.  Echo.  Cricket.

Yes, this happens to us, too.  "notepad" is such a quick and easy tool for taking notes on an impromptu phone call.  Then copy/pate into Hubspot CRM should be a no brainer.  But it's not.  We've even tried adding blank lines.  No go.  We've tried adding combinations of CR and LF to the end of line.  No go. 

This is, quite frankly, stupid.  Fix it, please.  Now.

mzipursky
Participant

SOLVE

Surprising that Hubspot can't fix this quickly.

0 Upvotes
eloyd
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Okay, here's what I did to get it to work.  Don't know how long it will work for.  I'm using Chrome.  If you're not using Chrome, this may not work.

Be logged into HS CRM in normal Chrome tab.

Open a new PRIVATE browser window.

Go to HubSpot.

Open whatever you want to paste into.

Paste the text from notepad.

It formatted properly.

Close window (don't log out).

Go back to normal browser window.

Paste now works HERE as well for some reason.

No clue.  I'm an IT professional and I have no clue.  I have no clue if this will work until I log out, until I close my browser, forever, until the solar eclipse; no clue.  YMMV*

*Your mileage may vary