CRM

DNyberg

Temporarily removing someone from a paid sales seat

SOLVE

Would temporarily removing someone from a paid sales seat affect the one-to-one communication sequences, documents, and templates they have created and uploaded?

We have limited paid sales seats and one of our power users is on temporary leave, we would like to open up their paid sales seat to the person temporarily taking on their workload.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DNyberg,

I just tested this in my own portal: Removing a paid seat from a user who has contacts enrolled in sequences apparently (!) keeps the contact enrolled in the sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1674842761377.png

When I re-assigned the seat, the sequence dashboard looked like it did before.

However: I didn't find any documentation on this and I honestly wouldn't rely on it. If you do want to re-assign the seat, I would make sure that this user does not have any of their contacts enrolled in a sequnce (you can filter by Contact owner and Now in sequence).

For templates and documents, removing the access should limit the users access; instead of all assets they would only be able to access the first five. After re-assigning the seat, everything should be as it was before.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DNyberg as @karstenkoehler suggested, I would proceed with caution on re-assigning seats.

When you remove someone from a paid seat, it can impact your forecasting also, not just active sequences, etc.

There are a slew of issues that arise when someone leaves the company permanently and they hold a paid seat, which I imagine would still exist if you temporarily remove them.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DNyberg,

I just tested this in my own portal: Removing a paid seat from a user who has contacts enrolled in sequences apparently (!) keeps the contact enrolled in the sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1674842761377.png

When I re-assigned the seat, the sequence dashboard looked like it did before.

However: I didn't find any documentation on this and I honestly wouldn't rely on it. If you do want to re-assign the seat, I would make sure that this user does not have any of their contacts enrolled in a sequnce (you can filter by Contact owner and Now in sequence).

For templates and documents, removing the access should limit the users access; instead of all assets they would only be able to access the first five. After re-assigning the seat, everything should be as it was before.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DNyberg as @karstenkoehler suggested, I would proceed with caution on re-assigning seats.

When you remove someone from a paid seat, it can impact your forecasting also, not just active sequences, etc.

There are a slew of issues that arise when someone leaves the company permanently and they hold a paid seat, which I imagine would still exist if you temporarily remove them.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin