CRM

HWilkinson5

Telephone Number Auto Format

SOLVE

Hi - does anyone know how we can have an auto format for the telephone number - i.e to always have a 0 to start. We have imported over 4k contacts and the import removed the 0, is there anyway we could do a fix rather than deleting them out and re-importing?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HWilkinson5,

As long as all of your import file contains an email address for every contact, you don't have to delete and re-import. HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts by email address.

You could simply remove all columns but the email address and the phone number column. Clean up the phone number column, re-import it and HubSpot will look up the existing contact record based on its email address and update the phone number field with its new value.

If your contacts do not have an email address, let me know. In that case the procedure described above would create duplicates.

The alternative would be updating phone number properties using contact-based workflows (requiring a Professional subscription) which is honestly more complicated in your situation.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HWilkinson5,

As long as all of your import file contains an email address for every contact, you don't have to delete and re-import. HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts by email address.

You could simply remove all columns but the email address and the phone number column. Clean up the phone number column, re-import it and HubSpot will look up the existing contact record based on its email address and update the phone number field with its new value.

If your contacts do not have an email address, let me know. In that case the procedure described above would create duplicates.

The alternative would be updating phone number properties using contact-based workflows (requiring a Professional subscription) which is honestly more complicated in your situation.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes