CRM

NHarvey

Tasks within deals

I have an issue whereby if a contact has two deals associated to them, the set pipeline automated tasks are showing up in their closed deal. If I cancel those tasks, it is removing them from their active deal.  How do I fix this?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
NHarvey

Tasks within deals

Hi @karstenkoehler 

I have this deal whereby the other tasks for a separate deal, however the same contacts, their tasks are dropping into this deal.

NHarvey_0-1667375344648.png

0 Upvotes
NHarvey

Tasks within deals

It is an automated pipeline of tasks that is set up under deals. We don't have access to workflows.  The start of the pipeline is attached. Basically when we switch the pipeline stage, it creates a bank of tasks that need to be actioned against that deal. 

Web capture_26-10-2022_154131_app.hubspot.com.jpeg

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tasks within deals

Hi @NHarvey,

Thank you for sharing this – could also please look up a task that is associated with multiple deals and take a screenshot of the association dropdown, as shown here?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records#associate-an-existing-acti...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tasks within deals

Hi @NHarvey,

What exactly is happening here depends on the exact steps you're taking when the task is created. HubSpot automatically associates tasks with the five most recent deals of a contact or deal, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

In other words: If you add a task to a contact or to a company, HubSpot will also show this task on the five most recent associated open deals. Now, of course this deal could close after the task was created – making it seem like the task was associated with a closed deal.

If you complete the task one one record, it's completed on all records. If you want to remove it from a closed deal, you can simply remove the association, not the ticket: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records#associate-an-existing-acti...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NHarvey

Tasks within deals

Thank you for replying  @karstenkoehler 

The tasks are created as a deal pipeline automation against the specific deal.  Therefore we are not wanting them to show against the deal that they don't relate too as this will cause confusion as to what is outstanding. Is there a way around this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tasks within deals

Hi @NHarvey,

Can you please share a screenshot of the workflow that creates the tasks? A workflow that enrolls a deal and creates a task should only be doing this for that deal exactly.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler