CRM

RachelAlderwick
Miembro

Tasks for Managing Action Items from Meetings?

resolver

Just wondering if anybody has used tasks or task queues to manage action items across a team the have been generated out of a separate meeting. These don't necessarily relate to a particular case or deal, but it would more of a general to-do list for the team. It looks possbile, but is this even a good idea?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Krystina
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@RachelAlderwick ,

Great question!

I've never thought to use the Tasks tool this way but I don't foresee any issues with leveraging the tasks tools to assign general tasks unrelated to contacts, company, or deal records if you don't have another project management software to use. You don't have to associate tasks with records...so, why not? 😊🤷‍♀️

The only thing you will want to caution against is ensuring that your sales team can differentiate between revenue-driving tasks that will propel deals forward versus administrative/general tasks that will bog them down. 

There are many studies that show on average, sales reps only spend about 20 percent of their time actually selling, and 30-40 percent of their time is spent on administrative and planning tasks, completely overshadowing reps' intended job function.

Food for thought. 😊

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Krystina
Solución

resolver

@RachelAlderwick ,

Great question!

I've never thought to use the Tasks tool this way but I don't foresee any issues with leveraging the tasks tools to assign general tasks unrelated to contacts, company, or deal records if you don't have another project management software to use. You don't have to associate tasks with records...so, why not? 😊🤷‍♀️

The only thing you will want to caution against is ensuring that your sales team can differentiate between revenue-driving tasks that will propel deals forward versus administrative/general tasks that will bog them down. 

There are many studies that show on average, sales reps only spend about 20 percent of their time actually selling, and 30-40 percent of their time is spent on administrative and planning tasks, completely overshadowing reps' intended job function.

Food for thought. 😊

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
RachelAlderwick
Miembro

resolver

Thanks for the reply and noted caution

0 Me gusta