Tasks being re-assigned to integration user

evelli
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi,

I'm having an issue in which any task that gets created on a contact (manually or sequenced) gets reassigned to the integration user if it is syncing with Salesforce. 

The task gets created, is assigned to the correct person upon creation, and then once it syncs with Salesforce, or if it is already syncing with Salesforce, the task gets updated and re-assigned to the integration user. 

Any help on this would be appreciated

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @evelli. Are you saying the tasks are reassigned in HubSpot, Salesforce, or both? I haven't used task sync, but it's possible that if tasks are assigned to Salesforce owners not in HubSpot, it might not know what to do with that owner value when the task syncs. Are you able to add Salesforce users to HubSpot and retest?

Is there any task automation you have configured on Salesforce side, including installed packages? It's also possible there could be some sort of interference there.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
evelli
Participant | Elite Partner

The tasks are being re-assigned in HubSpot after the contact syncs to Salesforce, so it seems like Salesforce is making the change. I believe you are correct in that it doesn't know what to do with the value when it syncs over, so it makes it a default value.

I also noticed that the user I've been testing it with has a duplicate user in HubSpot, and only one of them is tied to a SFDC user. When assigning the task to the user that is tied to SFDC, it works correctly and does not get re-assigned. Both of these HubSpot users have the same email address, and the SFDC user has the same email address as well. Is there any way to "merge" these duplicate HubSpot users? 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor
That's a good question, and I'm not totally sure. With other picklists, editing the value (not the label) to match another value merges those choices. I've never tried that on the HubSpot Owner property before. You may want to test with a dummy user or contact HubSpot Support for guidance before attempting on live data.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
cstewartPCI
Participant

I am having this issue too and would love some advice from the community.

0 Upvotes