CRM

gpetsios

Task view resets when changing from contacts to task view

Hello everyone,

I have a question on task views with the new version released last month. 

When I want to see a specific date on my task view. I would go to more filters and input the date I want to see. Under the old version, I could go into my contacts list. Do whatever I have to do in contacts. When I would switch back to task view, the filters would be right there where I left off with respect to the filters I had. Now with the new 2023 version, that is gone. I would input a specific date into more filters and go to my contacts. When I go back to my task view, the filters I had go back to default view. Is anyone seeing this problem? Every time I go back to task view I have to input the filters every time. I never had to do that before.

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @gpetsios,

Generally, the task index page (Menu > Sales > Tasks) per default displays the tabbed saved view that is at the very left. You can change that by clicking the small dropdown triangle on any other tab and then 'Make default view':

karstenkoehler_0-1675706332897.png

In other words, if there is a view you want to default to, set your filters, then click Save view and then make it your default. You'll then always be reliably taken to this view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

gpetsios

I never had to do any of that in the older version. Is this something new? Plus when I go to save a view, it'll tell me that the view is a read only view.

gpetsios_0-1675707538766.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @gpetsios,

HubSpot sometimes makes changes to features, this is one of them. This was one of the silent updates, there isn't any context or official product release not on this as far as I know.

In your screenshot, below the grayed out 'Save' button you can save the view as a new view. Once created, you can make it the default.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

gpetsios

I understand how to make it a new view. I have figured all of that out. The workaround is very frustrating. I hope they update the product release soon.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @gpetsios,

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just sharing how the tasks index page is behaving now. What I described above is currently the best and only way to set a default tasks page. It's unlikely that the product team will change this back to what this was before or share an exact documentation, since this is a minor change.

If you feel strongly about this being changed back, you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler