CRM

dtannahill

Task reminders going to spam (request help)

SOLVE

I have an issue where some task reminder emails are being sent to junk folder.  For example, this morning 6 went to my inbox correctly and 4 went to my spam folder.  As the sending email is the same, this should not happen?

I have set my email to accept all emails from the sending address but still the problem persists.

Can you help?

Many thanks.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
FYI
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Every client is different, so the syntaxes could be a couple of things. Try adding either "@hubspot.com" or "HubSpot.com" or "*@hubspot.com". Some clients will only recognize one of those, or potentially all three. It's also possible that that particular client would require some variation to achieve a full domain white list. Full domain whitelist is what you're going for here

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18
FYI
Participant

SOLVE
Which email provider are you using? What email client? Have you tried whitelisting the entire domain?
0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

I use a work email account through Outlook 2016.  I have whitelisted the whole domain.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @dtannahill

If you have whitelisted and followed the steps outlined by HubSpot, then you've done everything from the HubSpot side of things to ensure you're receiving these emails. Have you reached out to your IT team or Outook regarding this? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

As a one man business I do not have an IT department sadly.  Will pursue with Outlook and see if the issue lies there.   Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
FYI
Participant

SOLVE
Sorry for the three replies. But you could also change the severity of the spam rules. I'm assuming that you have Outlook 2016 in the web browser? Not the actual desktop client?
0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

I use the desk top client in windows 10 / outlook 2016.   The spam rules are set high but I do not think that is the issue as some emails are OK and some, from the same email, go to spam.

0 Upvotes
FYI
Participant

SOLVE

Any updates? I'm curious how this worked out for you

dtannahill

SOLVE

It has been OK for ther last three days; so fingers crossed it is now fixed. 

0 Upvotes
FYI
Participant

SOLVE

Do you have a screenshot of your inbox filtering rules? Or any other filtering or automation rules for your outlook that you might have?

0 Upvotes
FYI
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Every client is different, so the syntaxes could be a couple of things. Try adding either "@hubspot.com" or "HubSpot.com" or "*@hubspot.com". Some clients will only recognize one of those, or potentially all three. It's also possible that that particular client would require some variation to achieve a full domain white list. Full domain whitelist is what you're going for here

FYI
Participant

SOLVE
Also take screenshots of your outlook spam rules and any inbox automation rules that you might have. You might have an existing rule that you forgot about, that's pushing the reminders into the spam folder
0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

The strange thing is that some emails go to spam and some do not for my task reminders i.e. coming from the same email address some are OK.

0 Upvotes
FYI
Participant

SOLVE
As a last resort, you could show us a screenshot of your outlook whitelist to see if there's something that was formatted wrong
0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

Here is a screen shot...is this what you require?

Safe senders.jpg

0 Upvotes
FYI
Participant

SOLVE

Maybe for the heck of it, try adding the domains to the safe recipients as well  

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @dtannahill,

Is there anything distinguishing about the emails that are marked as spam? Are other users experiencing this issue? 

This article, which it sounds like you've seen before, was updated very recently, so it might be worth taking another look to ensure that all of the steps you've taken are up to date.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

Hi Jenny

Not aware of any others having the same issue but i sue Hubspot as a single person business.

The steps in the article are all up to date.

Duncan

0 Upvotes
dtannahill

SOLVE

All the emails are the same i.e. nothing different with any of them.

0 Upvotes