CRM

BOchalek

Task Name in Deal List View

SOLVE

How do you edit deal columns to include task name?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
SSukys
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @BOchalek. I am happy to hop in and help here.

If we are starting in the Sales-> Deals tab. Our first instinct is to go to the Edit Columns and look for the tasks option. However, the Deals view is only for reporting on the Deals Object. A Task is an object and not able to be reported in the Deals view. 

We can do this in the reporting tab though!

If we go to create a report, and then create a custom report. We will then select our deal sources as "CRM/Deals" and "Sales/Tasks". 

From here select your chart type, as "Table". 

For columns select, "Deal Name" and "Task Title". This will give you a table with deals and their associated tasks! If you only want specific deals you can head to the "Filters" tab and apply filters to this data such as selecting Task Title is known, or deal name is "XYZ". 

I hope this helps and if you need any additional answers feel free to reply here!

If this helped, please click the Question Answered button above my post! 

Sincerely,

Sean Sukys

Account Executive, Bluleadz a HubSpot Elite Partner Agency

ssukys@bluleadz.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
SSukys
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @BOchalek. I am happy to hop in and help here.

If we are starting in the Sales-> Deals tab. Our first instinct is to go to the Edit Columns and look for the tasks option. However, the Deals view is only for reporting on the Deals Object. A Task is an object and not able to be reported in the Deals view. 

We can do this in the reporting tab though!

If we go to create a report, and then create a custom report. We will then select our deal sources as "CRM/Deals" and "Sales/Tasks". 

From here select your chart type, as "Table". 

For columns select, "Deal Name" and "Task Title". This will give you a table with deals and their associated tasks! If you only want specific deals you can head to the "Filters" tab and apply filters to this data such as selecting Task Title is known, or deal name is "XYZ". 

I hope this helps and if you need any additional answers feel free to reply here!

If this helped, please click the Question Answered button above my post! 

Sincerely,

Sean Sukys

Account Executive, Bluleadz a HubSpot Elite Partner Agency

ssukys@bluleadz.com