CRM

lovinglife324
Top Contributor

Task Assignment NOT showing CORRECT email address

SOLVE

Have contacts whose email address has changed.     Have merged the contact email addresses so that the correct contact is displayed when creating deals, companies, etc.

Yes when assigning a task the WRONG email address displays.    Example.  I was originally setup with my personal email address.    Later my company email address was added.   All deals were merged to my contact with my company address.    However, when assigning a task, the only email address associated with my name is my personal email address.   Company email address is not shown anywhere.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lovinglife324

You are correct. If you need to change the email address associated with a user, you do need to create a new user. For more information on this process, click here.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lovinglife324

Can you send along screenshots of what you are seeing as well as links to example contacts? It sounds like you're saying that the secondary email address is the one that is being pulled in when creating tasks for that contact. Is that correct? Or are you referring to your user being associated with tasks/assigned tasks? 

Any screenshots you can send would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
lovinglife324
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I think I figured it out.    It is a USER issue.   When a USER is setup,  their email that it was setup with, is what appears in the drop down list.    If their email address changes,  there is no ability to change that email address.  The only thing that can be done, is to delete the user and then recreate the user with their new email address.     Am I correct in my understanding?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lovinglife324

You are correct. If you need to change the email address associated with a user, you do need to create a new user. For more information on this process, click here.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes