CRM

itsahand
Teilnehmer/-in

Task Accountability in Hubspot | Management Question

lösung

We have been working with Hubspot for 5 years, however, we have had many issues in terms of onboarding and accountability. Several employees who have been with the company for over 10 years (there are many) have had a difficult time with the transition. 

They are not in my department, but the work I do often affects them or roles over into their department (customer service). At this time, we don't use the Service hub, but are thinking it is a possibility once everyone has been onboarding. For now, our inside sales/customer service reps use Sales Pro. 

The way we use tasks has been changing. As we begin to leverage digital strategies more and more, we have been transitioning a lot of inquiries and tasks through Hubspot. Some staff members are not completing their tasks, which is negatively impacting customers and potential customers. 

How do you manage task accountability and overall accountability in Hubspot? What steps do your managers take? What are their processes? These same individuals who aren't using Sales Pro for tasks do not put notes in the system, bcc emails, etc, so we are looking to implement an accountability system but would like to consider several options out there. 

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
willsmith
Lösung
Autorität | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @itsahand 

This is a great question and I'm very interested in what others have to offer. Over the last year, we had a client who was in the same predicament as you. Some team members were adopting HubSpot, others were not, still others were in-between. We followed a process similar to what I am listing below to help get everyone on board. Since implementing this, they are all using HubSpot better and enjoying some great growth in their business.

1. Back to basics. As you mentioned, it has been 5 years, and it is likely that many non-adoptors believe that this "HubSpot fad" has passed. Bring in someone from outside the organization to do a back to basics training that standardizes how you will all use HubSpot. For those that feel as though they are too far behind, designate the team's "office HubSpot superstar" to help others who need a little one-on-one assistance.  Getting everyone in the same room, learning and discussing how you use HubSpot is a great way to start again from square one. As Michael Jordan said: "Master the fundamentals and everything else you do will rise". 

2. Accountability. If you don't have someone that is the HubSpot evangelist in your office, find one. This should also be the person that will set the HubSpot standards and be accountable to hold others to it. This way, when the way you use tasks changes, everyone knows where to go to for questions.

3. Show the problem. We have found that many non-adoptors don't see that their non-action leads to both internal and customer friction. Demonstrating this concept with real-world examples gives everyone a clear picture of where and why the customer journey/experience breaks down. This could be incorporated into the back to basics training. Hopefully, this will appeal to their compassion: "we don't like it when this happens to us. . .what can we do to make sure this breakdown doesn't happen to our current and potential customers". 

4. Show the numbers. This last item is probably the most powerful and can be used in a variety of ways. When entering data or completing tasks in HubSpot, it is often hard to see the bigger picture, however, there is great value in being able to show others exactly what you've been doing all week. Since you are on HubSpot PRO, check out Sales Team Activity under Reports > Analytics Tools. This tool provides a great overview of what the sales team is doing. I am a fan of the Deals part of this report that will show you the closed amount in company currency, the average number of sales activities and the average number of days it took to close. 

Sales_Team_Productivity___HubSpot.png

Now that you have these numbers, show them to your representatives. We have found that simply seeing the numbers, some are inspired to improve the numbers.  Here are three ways to help move along this improvement process:

• Incentivize - team members who make it to the top 5 or top 10 are granted some kind of incentive. A little healthy competition or contest is a great way to motivate others and prizes make it even more enjoyable. 

Sales_Activities___HubSpot.png

• Create a Sales Dashboard based on Sales Activities. HubSpot offers a number of standard reports that can display the data in the Sales Team Activity report. Place these into your Sales Dashboard and make the Sales Dashboard standard for all representatives. This way, when they log into HubSpot, they can see how they are doing personally and how the rest of the team is doing. 

• Offer a team incentive when these numbers go up collectively.

These are just three suggestions with what you can do with these numbers, I'm sure you can discover or come up with more. 

Finally, having a candid, one-on-one conversation with the representatives who haven't adopted HubSpot can yield surprising results. Certainly, this will take more time, but the information gleaned from these conversations could help the team overall. Solving for each of these issues will go a long way towards employee satisfaction and retention. 

I hope these few suggestions spark some ideas on how you and your team can improve your HubSpot adoption. I look forward to seeing what others suggest. Thanks!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

johnelmer
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

lösung

@itsahand,

Thanks for sharing the detailed description of your situation.

First of all, most people in the HubSpot community will agree that your challenge is not unusual. In fact, low/slow user adoption is the number one reason that CRM implementations fail.

HubSpot has recently introduced a new admin report that shows the last activity date for each user in your portal. This can be helpful in identifying users who are “at-risk” of failing to adopt the new set of digital tools. If this report hasn’t been enabled in your portal, contact your agency partner (or support if you don’t work with a HubSpot agency) to request it.

My firm, Bayard Bradford, has a HubSpot User Blog post coming out shortly on the topic of driving HubSpot user adoption. I will update this post with a link when that article is published. We are currently taking applications for companies to participate in a closed beta of a new HubSpot User Adoption Dashboard. Based on your post, you might find participating to be of value. There is no cost, and the information about user activity is more in-depth and relevant to user adoption than what is currently available from HubSpot reporting. If this is of interest, please let me know by replying or sending me a PM.

John

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
johnelmer
Lösung

lösung

@itsahand,

Thanks for sharing the detailed description of your situation.

First of all, most people in the HubSpot community will agree that your challenge is not unusual. In fact, low/slow user adoption is the number one reason that CRM implementations fail.

HubSpot has recently introduced a new admin report that shows the last activity date for each user in your portal. This can be helpful in identifying users who are “at-risk” of failing to adopt the new set of digital tools. If this report hasn’t been enabled in your portal, contact your agency partner (or support if you don’t work with a HubSpot agency) to request it.

My firm, Bayard Bradford, has a HubSpot User Blog post coming out shortly on the topic of driving HubSpot user adoption. I will update this post with a link when that article is published. We are currently taking applications for companies to participate in a closed beta of a new HubSpot User Adoption Dashboard. Based on your post, you might find participating to be of value. There is no cost, and the information about user activity is more in-depth and relevant to user adoption than what is currently available from HubSpot reporting. If this is of interest, please let me know by replying or sending me a PM.

John

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
gelflex-cc
Autorität

lösung

@jennysowyrda is the feature @johnelmer mentioned available to all?

Thanks.

willsmith
Lösung

lösung

Hi @itsahand 

This is a great question and I'm very interested in what others have to offer. Over the last year, we had a client who was in the same predicament as you. Some team members were adopting HubSpot, others were not, still others were in-between. We followed a process similar to what I am listing below to help get everyone on board. Since implementing this, they are all using HubSpot better and enjoying some great growth in their business.

1. Back to basics. As you mentioned, it has been 5 years, and it is likely that many non-adoptors believe that this "HubSpot fad" has passed. Bring in someone from outside the organization to do a back to basics training that standardizes how you will all use HubSpot. For those that feel as though they are too far behind, designate the team's "office HubSpot superstar" to help others who need a little one-on-one assistance.  Getting everyone in the same room, learning and discussing how you use HubSpot is a great way to start again from square one. As Michael Jordan said: "Master the fundamentals and everything else you do will rise". 

2. Accountability. If you don't have someone that is the HubSpot evangelist in your office, find one. This should also be the person that will set the HubSpot standards and be accountable to hold others to it. This way, when the way you use tasks changes, everyone knows where to go to for questions.

3. Show the problem. We have found that many non-adoptors don't see that their non-action leads to both internal and customer friction. Demonstrating this concept with real-world examples gives everyone a clear picture of where and why the customer journey/experience breaks down. This could be incorporated into the back to basics training. Hopefully, this will appeal to their compassion: "we don't like it when this happens to us. . .what can we do to make sure this breakdown doesn't happen to our current and potential customers". 

4. Show the numbers. This last item is probably the most powerful and can be used in a variety of ways. When entering data or completing tasks in HubSpot, it is often hard to see the bigger picture, however, there is great value in being able to show others exactly what you've been doing all week. Since you are on HubSpot PRO, check out Sales Team Activity under Reports > Analytics Tools. This tool provides a great overview of what the sales team is doing. I am a fan of the Deals part of this report that will show you the closed amount in company currency, the average number of sales activities and the average number of days it took to close. 

Sales_Team_Productivity___HubSpot.png

Now that you have these numbers, show them to your representatives. We have found that simply seeing the numbers, some are inspired to improve the numbers.  Here are three ways to help move along this improvement process:

• Incentivize - team members who make it to the top 5 or top 10 are granted some kind of incentive. A little healthy competition or contest is a great way to motivate others and prizes make it even more enjoyable. 

Sales_Activities___HubSpot.png

• Create a Sales Dashboard based on Sales Activities. HubSpot offers a number of standard reports that can display the data in the Sales Team Activity report. Place these into your Sales Dashboard and make the Sales Dashboard standard for all representatives. This way, when they log into HubSpot, they can see how they are doing personally and how the rest of the team is doing. 

• Offer a team incentive when these numbers go up collectively.

These are just three suggestions with what you can do with these numbers, I'm sure you can discover or come up with more. 

Finally, having a candid, one-on-one conversation with the representatives who haven't adopted HubSpot can yield surprising results. Certainly, this will take more time, but the information gleaned from these conversations could help the team overall. Solving for each of these issues will go a long way towards employee satisfaction and retention. 

I hope these few suggestions spark some ideas on how you and your team can improve your HubSpot adoption. I look forward to seeing what others suggest. Thanks!

gelflex-cc
Autorität

lösung

@willsmith great advice!

0 Upvotes