CRM

FrederikLindum
参加者

Tagging Companies to get an easy overview of the "temperature" of the customer

解決

Hi

We still do alot os outbound activies and don't just wait for marketing to generate leads. In regards to that, I'm missing some sort of tag on Companies that tells us the "temperature" of the customer. In Hubspot we both have Companies that are customers today and we have added all potensial customers as well. 

I'll briefly explain how we work with outbound activities:

• Current customers: We call our current customers in order to book a meeting, to be able to sell more of what we have on the shelves. 
  • Potential customers: We call potential customers in order to book a meeting, to sell our solotions to them. 

When we do these activities we are, of course, not always able to book a meeting. Current customers and/or the potential new customers will have a reason for why they dont want a meeting with us, talk to us, buyr our products, etc. In that case we are not able to create a Deal, but I would still like for us to able to tag that Company with something, so that we are able to see that we are not able to sell to this Compant atm, hence the "temperature". 

Let's say we have 500 customers we want to call. After we've called all customers we might have created 100 Deals, which is great. But what about the 400 other customers? Why weren't we not able to book more meetings? What is the "temperature" of theese customers? So, just like we tag a Deal with Closed Lost and a Closed Lost reason, so that we are able to dive into why we loose sales, I would like for us to be able to also dive into why we weren't able to book more meetings. 

Im currently thinking about the current solution, but would like input from you guys to see if there are som best practices or out-the-box solutions in Hubspot today for this:

Create single dropdown list on Company called Customer temperature

Values for dropdown list:

• No contact
  • In dialogue
  • Opponent
  • Not interested
  • Indecisive
  • Interested but timing is not right
  • Interested
  • Unknown

In addtion to this tag, I would also add a free text field where the sales rep can add a bit more information to the tag. This field will be called Customer temperature detail. i.e. if a Company is tagged with Not interested, why is it that this specific Company is not interested? This is important information for not only the sales rep, but also me as a sales manger, our marketing department and mangement in general.

With these tags it's also easy for the sales reps to create a List View of their Companies and filter out all Companies tagged with Opponents and Not Interested. You would also be able to create a workflow that automatically creates a follow-up task on all Companies tagged with Opponent or Not Interested 3 months out. 

It's a sort of deviation of the Current Life Cycle stage (LCS), but then again LCS is only for current customers and, therefore, cannot be used in this sense as I see it. 

I hope this makes sense. If not, don't hesitate to ask me to elaborate further. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @FrederikLindum,

This is one of the properties that exists for both contacts and companies, it's defined as "the company's sales, prospecting, or outreach status".

You can use this property but you might as well your custom temperature property. There is absolutely no difference, functionally they would be identical – except that a custom property will take up 1 out of your 1.000 available custom properties.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @FrederikLindum,

This is a great solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I don't see any obvious downsides to this approach. It would provide the information that you and your sales reps are looking for and it owuld open up some avenues for reporting.

I want to highlight that there is a default property that is very similar to your Customer temperature property called Lead status. It's supposed to be a a sub-phase of the Lifecycle stage SQL, its values can be customized. Same approach, different name.

To make things easier for your sales reps, I'd place your new properties in the left company record sidebar. You could also use a workflow to copy the company information into the contact records, if needed for further filtering. (Create a company-based workflow, enroll companies based on Company temperature is known, enable re-enrollment, and add one action that copies the Company temperature value into a new custom contact property called Company temperature.)

But overall, yeah, cool solution 🙂

Let me know if you have any additional questions, happy to help.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!
FrederikLindum
参加者

解決

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for the reply. 

In regards to your proposal to use Lead Status, isn't this a status that you use when tagging Contacts and not Companies? We already use Lead Status when qualifying MQLs but what I'm after is a similar tag for Companies and not Contacts. 

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @FrederikLindum,

This is one of the properties that exists for both contacts and companies, it's defined as "the company's sales, prospecting, or outreach status".

You can use this property but you might as well your custom temperature property. There is absolutely no difference, functionally they would be identical – except that a custom property will take up 1 out of your 1.000 available custom properties.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

FrederikLindum
参加者

解決

I see. Thanks again! This was helpfull.