CRM

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

HubTags is a companion product for HubSpot CRM that allows you to tag contacts and consequently filter your contacts via tags.

Visit our website for more details: HubTags Website

If you use and enjoy HubTags please leave a good review here: Chrome Store HubTags

🏆Users who tested and gave helpful feedback
-PRuh
-Scottpoh
-Neil
-KateMcDee 
-Marni
-NeilFraser 
-DaisySerrano

-Karabarnes
-Kyle B.
-
Michael W.

Videos
-Install & Setup  
-How it works 

✔️Completed
-Create tags via import
-Create tags via sync
-Multi-account support
-Connect properties using AND/OR when running a filter
-Allow multiple 'OR''s
-Ability to search (not scroll) to find tags & properties
-Tafigy drop down and similar properties
-Tagify single & multi-line text properties (beta)
-'Most popular' feature
-Create, delete, and edit tags on the 'fly' i.e. from the invidivual contact page. Right click the tag to access edit/delete.
-Easier way to sign in. There is now a website with sign in button.
-Made drag & drop a bit easier to use(mostly visual changes)
-Drag & drop properties
-Bulk edit is now possible thru Native HubSpot
-Company tag/filter
-Deals tag/filter
-Public app

Working on
-Parent tags

Feature requests
-Ability to tag tasks
-Zapier integration. Trigger actions from applying a tag.

Needs more customer input:
-Tag sync. Keep all the tags in sync across multiple platforms such as HubSpot & SalesForce. 

Known issues
--

Changlog

-Fixed issues that prevented European customers from using HubTags. 
-Fixed issues around tag import.
-Add account via private or public app
-Improved the speed and performance
-Standardization of UI
-Parent tags
-Ability to reorder tags
-Edit tag > improved UX

-Fixed a variety of small issues (still more to do here)
-Connecting to HubSpot process greatly improved. You can now connect to HubSpot via a public or private app. I recommend everyone use the public app method unless they have a reason to do otherwise.

-Converted HubTags into a HubSpot private app. API keys are no longer required when using the private app version. Video
-Fixed a bug that displayed phantom tags (tags that were not really applied) if loading a contact profile via the search bar. Huge thank you to Kyle B. and Michael W. for discovering and working with me to fix this bug.
-Lowered the HubTags sidepanel starting position so it no longer blocks HubSpot UI in the top right.
-Also a big thank you to Miles for pointing us in the right direction for out next feature which is sub tags/child tags/dependant tags. Not sure what to call it yet.

-App-eu1 issue fixed
-Another bug related to API fixed

2.9.5 | Video
-Deals are now supported! Tag and filter deals just like you do contacts
-Click and drag to rearrange properties
-Bug with adding new account -- not fixed yet. Not for a lack of trying.  It is a allusive bug, but I will find the cause and fix it, I assure you. Thank you for your patience. 

2.9 | Video 
-Edit & delete tags on the fly is now possible via right-clicking the tag
-No longer need to click save after you apply tags
-Search is now available when applying tags
-Companies are now supported! Tag and filter companies just like you do contacts
-Speed improvements

2.8 | Video 
-Hubtags.io the website is now live. 
-Create, delete, and edit tags on the 'fly' i.e. from the invidivual contact page
-Easier way to sign in. There is now a website with sign in button.
-Made drag & drop a bit easier to use(mostly visual changes)

2.7 | Video
-Most popular featre implemented.
--You can now quickly select popular tags because they display at the top of the list. This is our first interation and we are very open to feedback: Are we correctly selecting the most popular tags? Do you want the ability to remove them? etc.

-Single & multi-line properties tagified.
--Single & multi-line properties can now be displayed in a tag-format within HubTags and used to filter. This is a beta feature which you need to enable via the new beta page.

-Account page
--We updated the UI and made few small improvements.

-Big speed boost. Using HubTags to filter contacts produces much faster results than previously.
-Several small UI improvements.

-Video overview
-Tagify all properties
-Connect properties using AND/OR when running a filter
-Allow multiple 'OR's within a property
-Ability to search (not scroll) to find tags & properties

-Deleting accounts is now possible. Go to accounts page > click edit button > a little 'X' appears next to each account.
-Sync feature simplified. I didn't hear alot of inpurt/support for this feature so we have simplified. Now sync is a one-time event that allows you to import tags. It is a alternative to using a CSV import. Perhaps you have built up alot of useful tags in HubSpot account A and need those tags in HubSpot account B. Sync allows you to import those tags very easily, just a few clicks, no need to deal with csv download/import. Sync is supplemental only, it will not remove tags.
-CSV import now makes it more obvious which account is selected as the destination.

-Multi-account support implemented
*Please note that tag sync is not built yet. You will see a sync button but it is just visual. 
This is a big feature and we have yet to build it. If anyone has specific use-cases they can share or details on how they would like this to work please do share that with me.

-Simplified import feature. There is a new screenshot with directions on how to import at bottom of this post.
-Importing can no longer remove tags, only supplment them.
-Use commas or semicolons to separate tags, both work.
-We correct for common mispellings and common formatting mistakes
-One more major update to improve the import feature is coming.

-Combine HubTags & Native HubSpot filters. [Beta]
-HubTags accepts CSV import which allows you to create tags and apply them to contacts. [Beta]*
-Exclude button now appears upon hover without morphing button size/position.
-Left click HubTags icon to view settings
-Sidepanel has a show/hide button > right click HubTags icon to access it.

-All table actions are now compatible with HubTags
-Fixed a few issues effecting small number of users who click find API key button. Thank you Marni for the detailed video/feedback about this!
-Made it easier to add filters by removing drop down and making tags immediatly accessible.
-Sidepanel now stays in whatever state the users leaves it - remains open until a users closes it and vice versa.

-Open/collapse UI implemented
-Click apply with zero filters > update contact page
-Click apply > closes filters UI
-Clicking 'Start using HubTags' > redirect user to HubSpot contacts page and open sidepanel
-Make exclude button visible on tags without hover. Delete option only visible upon hover
-Exclude/delete button positioning adjusted a bit

-UI fixes/improvements
-Exclude filter implemented. Hover a tag > click the exclude icon.
-Deleting tags works in a more complete way and requests confirmation before taking action. 
-API key helper. We now guide users on how to get their API key.
--Filter results. We now display data for the most common columns: Email, Phone number, Contact owner, Associated company, Lead status, Created date

Screenshots
Cover.png

-----

StateCity.png

-----

Manage.png

-----

Import.png

-----

Import directions.png

Guy Taylor | hubtags.io

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
GuyTaylor
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Hello,

Version 3.0.7 is released. 

Video overview  

-Thank you for your patience! This has been a long time coming.

-Fixed issues that prevented European customers from using HubTags. If you are from Europe plz try HubTags again.

-Fixed issues around tag import. 

-Fixed issues around adding a account in general. Also updated HubTags to connect via public/private app.

-Improved the speed and performance. Many times we needed to display a 'loading' pop-up for actions. Now, in most places it goes much faster or needs no loading animation at all. Acheiving this was a very large/complicated process. It required us to implement unique values for all tags and optimistic UI. So it took some time but it is now done. However, you will notice a prompt requesting to update HubTags. Depending on how many tags you have this on average will just takes a few minutes.

-Standardization of UI. Selected tags always look the same. Unselected tags always look the same. Hover effects are always the same etc. etc. Perhaps this will feel a little odd at first but by standarizing the UI it will save us a great deal of time and allow us to move faster on some of the higher priority feature requests.

-New beta feature > parent tag. This is nothing but pure visual organization... for now. It's just a nice way to visually organize tags. However, it is the first step towards something larger - the ability to require a user to make a selection. For example if a user select the tag 'Sports' we can require them to follow up by selecting a secondary tag like 'Sprinting' or typing out a explanation. This requirement feature is not yet live.

-You can now reorder tags by just clicking and dragging them.

-Editing a tag has a much nicer UX.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

108 Antworten
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Thanks @MariaMilea, this is a excellent idea!

My initital thoughts... it's very do-able and would be a useful feature. I would prefer to build a direct integration and skip past Zapier(and similar products) for now. So what product should we integrate with first?

Timeline - We are currently working on a import feature. This will allow you to import tags via excel or similar file. I'm sure this will take several iterations to get right and polish. Once the import feature is complete, barring something unforseen, we can start work on this tag-sync feature.

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Moved details on this answer into primary post at top of thread: Click here.

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Move details on this answer into primary post at top of thread: Click here.

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Move details from this answer into primary post at top of thread: Click here.

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Move details on this answer into primary post at top of thread: Click here.

EmmaWashington
Stratege/Strategin

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Excellent @GuyTaylor! Back in the day I used Active Campaign, where you can use a ton of tags. I've been strictly HubSpot for some years now, but still get asked about them. Of course custom properties take the place of tags, but if you have lower levels of HS, our aren't as comfortable using it, tags could be a lifesaver.

Thanks for the video!

JustinPerkinsC
Stratege/Strategin

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

interesting so you are developing a chrome plug-in to support these versus in system functionality?

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

@JustinPerkinsC  a good question.

We are in fact using the existing HubSpot filtering system via API. You might be thinking can't this already be done without anything extra, the answer is mostly yes!

Most of the functionality we are offering already exists within HubSpot but from reading all the posts in the community it seems the process of tagging could be made easier.

So our hope here is first just to make a easier to use and dedicated tagging system. After which we have some ideas for new functionality (which doesn't exsit) that can be built on top of it.

If you have any input/ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

JustinPerkinsC
Stratege/Strategin

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

My thoughts were more security related to granting an application not directly built into HubSpot access to information/data. Be good to know what data is, if any shared/stored/etc. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Ah, I see. A good point to raise.

I would be happy to see this on the HubSpot marketplace. They do not encourage submissions from fledgling products but if a sufficient number of people find it useful it would be great to get this approved into the official marketplace.

At the moment everything is done thru the existing HubSpot system. Data never leaves your machine, nothing is sent to us. 

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Hey Guys, noticed your comments about tagging and wanted to invite you to try out HubTags.

@Kornicus @gobiyovi @bmauger @garyo @leajohanna @nikita93 @kkoym @magdalenao @DKS @Kmoloo 

0 Upvotes
gobiyovi
Teilnehmer/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Thanks! This is very cool! Can we get a beta download link?

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

@gobiyovi Thanks for the kind words!

I hope to share a download link this week. 👍

JburkeMerit05
Teilnehmer/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

@GuyTaylor   I'd love to try the beta for this. 

DSS-Gary
Teilnehmer/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Looks interesting! Keep me in the loop.

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

kkoym
Teilnehmer/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

is there a short short video that you could share?  low production value, just to get the concept would be great.

GuyTaylor
Ratgeber/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

@kkoym Absolutely! Link below:

HubSpot video update 1

0 Upvotes
F_Prandini
Teilnehmer/-in

Tag Contacts Beta

lösung

Great! Me very happy.