CRM

GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags is a companion product for HubSpot CRM that allows you to tag contacts and consequently filter your contacts via tags.

Visit our website for more details: HubTags Website

If you use and enjoy HubTags please leave a good review here: Chrome Store HubTags

🏆Users who tested and gave helpful feedback
-PRuh
-Scottpoh
-Neil
-KateMcDee 
-Marni
-NeilFraser 
-DaisySerrano

-Karabarnes
-Kyle B.
-
Michael W.

Videos
-Install & Setup  
-How it works 

✔️Completed
-Create tags via import
-Create tags via sync
-Multi-account support
-Connect properties using AND/OR when running a filter
-Allow multiple 'OR''s
-Ability to search (not scroll) to find tags & properties
-Tafigy drop down and similar properties
-Tagify single & multi-line text properties (beta)
-'Most popular' feature
-Create, delete, and edit tags on the 'fly' i.e. from the invidivual contact page. Right click the tag to access edit/delete.
-Easier way to sign in. There is now a website with sign in button.
-Made drag & drop a bit easier to use(mostly visual changes)
-Drag & drop properties
-Bulk edit is now possible thru Native HubSpot
-Company tag/filter
-Deals tag/filter
-Public app

Working on
-Parent tags

Feature requests
-Ability to tag tasks
-Zapier integration. Trigger actions from applying a tag.

Needs more customer input:
-Tag sync. Keep all the tags in sync across multiple platforms such as HubSpot & SalesForce. 

Known issues
--

Changlog

-Fixed issues that prevented European customers from using HubTags. 
-Fixed issues around tag import.
-Add account via private or public app
-Improved the speed and performance
-Standardization of UI
-Parent tags
-Ability to reorder tags
-Edit tag > improved UX

-Fixed a variety of small issues (still more to do here)
-Connecting to HubSpot process greatly improved. You can now connect to HubSpot via a public or private app. I recommend everyone use the public app method unless they have a reason to do otherwise.

-Converted HubTags into a HubSpot private app. API keys are no longer required when using the private app version. Video
-Fixed a bug that displayed phantom tags (tags that were not really applied) if loading a contact profile via the search bar. Huge thank you to Kyle B. and Michael W. for discovering and working with me to fix this bug.
-Lowered the HubTags sidepanel starting position so it no longer blocks HubSpot UI in the top right.
-Also a big thank you to Miles for pointing us in the right direction for out next feature which is sub tags/child tags/dependant tags. Not sure what to call it yet.

-App-eu1 issue fixed
-Another bug related to API fixed

2.9.5 | Video
-Deals are now supported! Tag and filter deals just like you do contacts
-Click and drag to rearrange properties
-Bug with adding new account -- not fixed yet. Not for a lack of trying.  It is a allusive bug, but I will find the cause and fix it, I assure you. Thank you for your patience. 

2.9 | Video 
-Edit & delete tags on the fly is now possible via right-clicking the tag
-No longer need to click save after you apply tags
-Search is now available when applying tags
-Companies are now supported! Tag and filter companies just like you do contacts
-Speed improvements

2.8 | Video 
-Hubtags.io the website is now live. 
-Create, delete, and edit tags on the 'fly' i.e. from the invidivual contact page
-Easier way to sign in. There is now a website with sign in button.
-Made drag & drop a bit easier to use(mostly visual changes)

2.7 | Video
-Most popular featre implemented.
--You can now quickly select popular tags because they display at the top of the list. This is our first interation and we are very open to feedback: Are we correctly selecting the most popular tags? Do you want the ability to remove them? etc.

-Single & multi-line properties tagified.
--Single & multi-line properties can now be displayed in a tag-format within HubTags and used to filter. This is a beta feature which you need to enable via the new beta page.

-Account page
--We updated the UI and made few small improvements.

-Big speed boost. Using HubTags to filter contacts produces much faster results than previously.
-Several small UI improvements.

-Video overview
-Tagify all properties
-Connect properties using AND/OR when running a filter
-Allow multiple 'OR's within a property
-Ability to search (not scroll) to find tags & properties

-Deleting accounts is now possible. Go to accounts page > click edit button > a little 'X' appears next to each account.
-Sync feature simplified. I didn't hear alot of inpurt/support for this feature so we have simplified. Now sync is a one-time event that allows you to import tags. It is a alternative to using a CSV import. Perhaps you have built up alot of useful tags in HubSpot account A and need those tags in HubSpot account B. Sync allows you to import those tags very easily, just a few clicks, no need to deal with csv download/import. Sync is supplemental only, it will not remove tags.
-CSV import now makes it more obvious which account is selected as the destination.

-Multi-account support implemented
*Please note that tag sync is not built yet. You will see a sync button but it is just visual. 
This is a big feature and we have yet to build it. If anyone has specific use-cases they can share or details on how they would like this to work please do share that with me.

-Simplified import feature. There is a new screenshot with directions on how to import at bottom of this post.
-Importing can no longer remove tags, only supplment them.
-Use commas or semicolons to separate tags, both work.
-We correct for common mispellings and common formatting mistakes
-One more major update to improve the import feature is coming.

-Combine HubTags & Native HubSpot filters. [Beta]
-HubTags accepts CSV import which allows you to create tags and apply them to contacts. [Beta]*
-Exclude button now appears upon hover without morphing button size/position.
-Left click HubTags icon to view settings
-Sidepanel has a show/hide button > right click HubTags icon to access it.

-All table actions are now compatible with HubTags
-Fixed a few issues effecting small number of users who click find API key button. Thank you Marni for the detailed video/feedback about this!
-Made it easier to add filters by removing drop down and making tags immediatly accessible.
-Sidepanel now stays in whatever state the users leaves it - remains open until a users closes it and vice versa.

-Open/collapse UI implemented
-Click apply with zero filters > update contact page
-Click apply > closes filters UI
-Clicking 'Start using HubTags' > redirect user to HubSpot contacts page and open sidepanel
-Make exclude button visible on tags without hover. Delete option only visible upon hover
-Exclude/delete button positioning adjusted a bit

-UI fixes/improvements
-Exclude filter implemented. Hover a tag > click the exclude icon.
-Deleting tags works in a more complete way and requests confirmation before taking action. 
-API key helper. We now guide users on how to get their API key.
--Filter results. We now display data for the most common columns: Email, Phone number, Contact owner, Associated company, Lead status, Created date

Screenshots
Cover.png

-----

StateCity.png

-----

Manage.png

-----

Import.png

-----

Import directions.png

Guy Taylor | hubtags.io

1 Solution acceptée
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Hello,

Version 3.0.7 is released. 

Video overview  

-Thank you for your patience! This has been a long time coming.

-Fixed issues that prevented European customers from using HubTags. If you are from Europe plz try HubTags again.

-Fixed issues around tag import. 

-Fixed issues around adding a account in general. Also updated HubTags to connect via public/private app.

-Improved the speed and performance. Many times we needed to display a 'loading' pop-up for actions. Now, in most places it goes much faster or needs no loading animation at all. Acheiving this was a very large/complicated process. It required us to implement unique values for all tags and optimistic UI. So it took some time but it is now done. However, you will notice a prompt requesting to update HubTags. Depending on how many tags you have this on average will just takes a few minutes.

-Standardization of UI. Selected tags always look the same. Unselected tags always look the same. Hover effects are always the same etc. etc. Perhaps this will feel a little odd at first but by standarizing the UI it will save us a great deal of time and allow us to move faster on some of the higher priority feature requests.

-New beta feature > parent tag. This is nothing but pure visual organization... for now. It's just a nice way to visually organize tags. However, it is the first step towards something larger - the ability to require a user to make a selection. For example if a user select the tag 'Sports' we can require them to follow up by selecting a secondary tag like 'Sprinting' or typing out a explanation. This requirement feature is not yet live.

-You can now reorder tags by just clicking and dragging them.

-Editing a tag has a much nicer UX.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

108 Réponses
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

A complete oversight on my part, @DaisySerrano. Sorry about that. Using the bulk option in my original directions will overwrite existing tags. Now I will share a better approach. This will restore your previous tags and allow you to add(bulk edit) more tags without removing existing ones.

1. Download property history, image below:
Export Property.png

-

2. You will see multiple columns each one representing a different history of the property. Delete all columns except for 'Email' and the one 'HubTags' column with the history you want restored. Once done your CSV should have just two columns formatted to look like the image below.
CSV.png

-

3. Add any desired tags to the HubTags column. Below is a example using google sheets and the concate function, but you can accomplish this in any way you like. Make sure each tag is separated by a semi colon or comma. In the below video I forgot to input a semicolon before Yellow.
Concate3.gif

-

4. Review the CSV once more to ensure it follows HubTags import directions. Image below:
Directions.png

-

5. Import via HubTags. You can login by clicking our icon. Located in top right of your browser if pinned. Image below:
HubTags import.png

That's it. After the import the HubTags property for all contacts listed in your CSV will be updated.

The steps I provided here can be used for bulk edit at anytime but it is cumbersome. I will add easy bulk edit to the feature requests.

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Thank you! @DaisySerrano. Good questions.

1. It is possible to edit tags using native HubSpot but I can very much understand why it would feel natural to do that via HubTags. I have added this to the official feature request list, a good suggestion. In the mean time if you would like to edit a tag > go to HubSpot settings (little gear icon) > select properties from left-hand side menu > search for 'HubTags' > hover and click 'Edit' > here you can edit your tags and click save.

2. Yes, this is possible. Best to use native HubSpot for this one. Go to contacts page > Use HubTags to filter down to just the contacts you want. For example you can filter to show all contact not tagged with something > click the bulk select button > search for HubTags property > tick all the tags you want to apply to these contacts.

1. Rename tags
Edit properties.png

2. Bulk edit 
Bulk edit.png

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags Fixed! Watch a quick cideo

Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io | hubtags.io

0 Votes
DaisySerrano
Membre

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Awesome update, already installed @GuyTaylor. Thank you!

A couple questions:

1) Will it also have the capacity to update the name of tags? I haven't been able to find how to change the name without deleting them and creating another one. 

2) Can you bulk tag under the contacts view? For example, checkbox 2/3 contacts, go to the tags section, and bulk tag instead of having to do an excel import? 

DaisySerrano
Membre

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

@GuyTaylor I'd love to test this feature out also! Still taking beta users?

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Hi @DaisySerrano

Yes, very happy to have you join.
Install and setup: Video
Download: Hubtags

0 Votes
DaisySerrano
Membre

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Great, thank you @GuyTaylor. I've successfully downloaded it but am not able to get to this screen- can you please advise how I can start adding tags to my Hubspot contacts?

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.11.14 PM.png

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue
0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Hi @NeilFraser, a good question. 

Here is a quick video answer. Cheers!

NeilFraser
Participant

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Thank you so much Guy - brilliant. Loved the presonalised message also!
I hadn't grasped that I needed to create a tag first and couldn't get it to work as I used a space bewtween payment and overdue but got around it by using payment-overdue!

Also thought the 'othetr than' button was 'delete' - stupid me!

Thanks anyway, I've got this now.

NeilFraser
Participant

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

How do I  TAG and SEARCH please?

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags version 2.4 is released. Click here for details.

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Hi @HKroon, a good question.

At the moment the product is pretty rough - its not yet polished visually or technically. However, once we validate the product makes a good first impression on most users we will submit to the marketplace without delay. If things goes well I suspect, emphasies on suspect, that will be in a few months.

Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io

HKroon
Participant

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Why is this not posted in the Marketplace?

GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags version 2.2 is released. Click here for details.

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

--

0 Votes
LBrigg
Participant

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

can the tagging work to sort tasks???

GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

Hi @LBrigg, no such feature at this time but it seems like a good request! I have added tagging of tasks to the list.

0 Votes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags version 2.0 is released. Click here for details.

GuyTaylor
Guide

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

HubTags version 1.8 is released. Click here for details.

0 Votes
MariaMilea
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Tag Contacts Beta

Résolue

@GuyTaylor - this looks very interesting! Would this also work in an integration scenario? Say for example we integrate HubSpot with another platform which uses tags and we would like to connect and keep the tags between the two systems in sync?
Thank you!