CRM

LoisJ
投稿者

Syncing company name between contact and company

解決

I would like to clarify how the contact property "Company Name" and company property "Name" work together.

I know that with the appropriate options selected contacts will automatically be linked to a company based on the email domain. But if one of those contacts submits a form (or is imported from a different system) with a slightly different company name (contact property), will the name (company property) be modified? Any info on how these properties work together and which updates take precedence would be most appreciated.

Lois

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
rsobers
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey Lois,

In my experience, there's no auto-synchronization between those two properties. The contact property is typically entered by a user during form submission while the company record is auto-created by HubSpot and the name (and other things like company size) is pulled in from their data sources.

The only field that I'm aware of that can auto-sync between contact and company is lifecycle stage. It's a one-way sync from company to contacts.

If you want company name to sync, you can create a workflow that updates the contact property based on the company property.

I hope this helps!

-Rob

https://hubspotcourse.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
rsobers
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey Lois,

In my experience, there's no auto-synchronization between those two properties. The contact property is typically entered by a user during form submission while the company record is auto-created by HubSpot and the name (and other things like company size) is pulled in from their data sources.

The only field that I'm aware of that can auto-sync between contact and company is lifecycle stage. It's a one-way sync from company to contacts.

If you want company name to sync, you can create a workflow that updates the contact property based on the company property.

I hope this helps!

-Rob

https://hubspotcourse.com

LoisJ
投稿者

解決

That's great. Thank you Rob 🙂