CRM

edstennett

Syncing Salesforce Chatter to Hubspot Notes

SOLVE

We're looking to migrate from Salesforce to Hubspot. Our Sales and CS use Salesforce Chatter heavily to update on Opportunities and Customer accounts.

We'd like all of this to be synced over to Hubspot against the matching deals and accounts.

Is this possible? Looking at the integration settings on Hubspot it doesn't seem to be, so I was wondering if this was achievable some other way.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edstennett !

You're right that there's no native support for this, so any solution is likely to be a custom one. 

Based on initial research it appears that chatter posts can be exported out of Salesforce using dataloader? If this is indeed the case then it might be possible to format that data for importing into HubSpot as notes. 

If the note import approach doenst work then a custom API solution, to create timeline events or notes programtically. 

The other solution would simply be to go API to API - this might have some benefits over the export route. 

Let me know if you want to look at this in more detail. 

Cheers, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
SLloyd8
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

Would it be possible to have Salesforce Chatter/Activity continuously syncing through to Hubspot notes?

We would like to pull this activity through to Hubspot to get a better view on Sales activity when pulling lists together.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SLloyd8,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's currently not possible to sync Salesforce Chatter and notes.

I wanted to refer you to this community post here that outlines two potential workarounds presented by MFrankJohnson.

The two workarounds would be either, create a contact property titled "notes" and transfer the data that way OR Use a 3rd-party service to import your notes.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @edstennett !

You're right that there's no native support for this, so any solution is likely to be a custom one. 

Based on initial research it appears that chatter posts can be exported out of Salesforce using dataloader? If this is indeed the case then it might be possible to format that data for importing into HubSpot as notes. 

If the note import approach doenst work then a custom API solution, to create timeline events or notes programtically. 

The other solution would simply be to go API to API - this might have some benefits over the export route. 

Let me know if you want to look at this in more detail. 

Cheers, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
nkesher
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil - I am trying to do a one-time import of our Salesforce chatter activity into HubSpot. I exported the chatter data using data loader. Can you please provide more information on how to format the data for importing? Do you have a file template that shows how the Salesforce Fields need to be named in order to import correctly?

Thank you. 

0 Upvotes