Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Syncing Contact Info from LinkedIn SN to Hubspot CRM

SOLVE
CJ
New Contributor

Hello Hubspot Community - 1. With the new LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration, can I import my "LinkedIn contacts" contact info into my Hubspot CRM?  

2. What about LinkedIn lead contact info, can I import that contact info into my Hubspot CRM?

Looking for the best way to get LinkedIn contacts and leads contact info into Hubspot CRM without having to retype everything. The articles I've read on Hubspot do not mention syncing contact info.

Thanks so much for your help.  ~CJ

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @CJ  If you have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise account, you can integrate with HubSpot using the instructions located here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Academy Team

Hello @Tumbleweed

When looking at the connection between HubSpot CRM and the Syncing LinkedIn Contacts you will not be able to sync your contacts directly over from LinkedIn into HubSpot because those contacts have not yet given you permission or opted into communication. 

The purpose of the connector between HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator is to help you track down related leads, mutual connections, common interests, and more. The connector allows you to do so in HubSpot so you can navigate through this information in one place. 

When importing any contacts in HubSpot you are asked: 

• On the Email Opt-in page, review the statements and select True to confirm that the contacts you are importing are expecting to hear from you and that you have not purchased the list (importing purchased lists is against our Acceptable Use Policy). Place your initials in the field to confirm your selections. 

This is why syncing your LinkedIn Contacts over to HubSpot is not built-in. The contacts you are importing to HubSpot should expect to hear from you which follows Inbound best practices. 

If you have additional questions please let me know and happy to walk through anything. Also, if you are looking for additional importing and HubSpot Contact information you can find more information here

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

20 Replies
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @CJ  If you have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise account, you can integrate with HubSpot using the instructions located here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Occasional Contributor

But this does not show you how to sync contacts across from Linkedin to hubspot, all it does is allow you to view contacts profile in salesnavigator. I want to discover a contact within salesnavigato and then pull them acorss to hubspot with their email address to then work on????  

How can this be acheived please, as it is the missing bit of the jigsaw...

Thanks Mike

HubSpot Moderator

Hi Mike. I apologize that I misunderstood your query. At this time it is not possible to directly sync LinkedIn contacts with HubSpot. You can use the connector to enrich your contact and company infomration, but you will not be able to sync contacts.

Ed  

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Is it in the pipeline as it seems an obvious must have....??

HubSpot Moderator

Most likely not, as this does not really follow the Inbound methodology for gaining leads and converting them to customers. If you'd like, you can head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post.

Ed

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Took me forever to find this answer. Very confusing. Many other CRMs allow you to pull info. its SOOOOOOO handy. Simple things like grabbing the photo and job title. Nothing fancy. Just a fast way to help input more info on contacts. 

Regular Contributor

Pulling in LinkedIn Sales Navigator leads is definitely a MUST have capability within Hubspot.

Occasional Contributor

It appears there is no intelligence in this integration. It gives you a little window into LinkedIn nothing more. Please tell me if I am wrong. Not very exiting

Academy Team

Hello @Tumbleweed

When looking at the connection between HubSpot CRM and the Syncing LinkedIn Contacts you will not be able to sync your contacts directly over from LinkedIn into HubSpot because those contacts have not yet given you permission or opted into communication. 

The purpose of the connector between HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator is to help you track down related leads, mutual connections, common interests, and more. The connector allows you to do so in HubSpot so you can navigate through this information in one place. 

When importing any contacts in HubSpot you are asked: 

• On the Email Opt-in page, review the statements and select True to confirm that the contacts you are importing are expecting to hear from you and that you have not purchased the list (importing purchased lists is against our Acceptable Use Policy). Place your initials in the field to confirm your selections. 

This is why syncing your LinkedIn Contacts over to HubSpot is not built-in. The contacts you are importing to HubSpot should expect to hear from you which follows Inbound best practices. 

If you have additional questions please let me know and happy to walk through anything. Also, if you are looking for additional importing and HubSpot Contact information you can find more information here

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Occasional Contributor

@coachcourt Thanks for your response. That makes a ton of sense. One issue I have run into is when I am using LinkedIn messages for prospecting & relationship building and tracking that information in the contact profile. Do you have any recommendations on how to handle that in a better way?

New Contributor

If a connection on LinkedIn has also opted to Follow me, does that give the permission you require?

Separately, what about followers on linkedin who are NOT connections?

Finally, can I use Hubspot to post to Linkedin?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

So HubSpot doesn't believe in prospecting? I find that hard to believe as not only an inbound marketing platform but also a sales enablement platform. Sounds like an excuse....

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Linkedin integration is nearly worthless. Need direct import capabilities to have true value.

Occasional Contributor

this would be a killer app. please build this or someone else will on chrome ;-)

This doesnt allow you to find contacts on sales navigator and import them in to HubSpot though... It just allows you to connect with a pre-existing contact in hubspot. Ideally the integration wants to work the other way where you find the lead in linkedin sales nav and then import it to hubspot.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

so I looked at the hubspot employee link that said it has the answer and all that is, is he same old link to set up connection in the first placce,, as far as I can see STILL DOES NOT ADDRESS THE SIMPLE REQUEST OF SYC CONTACTS ACROSS FROM LINKEDIN TO HUBSPOT???????

Has anyone come up with the answer please?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi there! You may take a look at Data2CRM service, it has direct Linkedin SN to HubSpot CRM Import. In case you will have some questions - please mail me directly. With respect, Ivan

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

At the risk of being self-promotional but 100% on topic, you may find this tool helpful:
http://linkedhub.io/

-Sync a LinkedIn profile into HubSpot and automatically log messages.

New Contributor

Nice! Is this available for other browsers as well? I value my privacy too much to use anything from Google.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi @Momenta

A good question, I am also a privacy enthusiast. LinkedHub only works on Chrome,but you could still hide your real indentity & data.

You can create a completely ficticious chrome account, and use this account to install LinkedHub. Details on how to do this here: 
https://www.linkedhub.io/blog/how-to-manage-multiple-linkedin-accounts

With that being said, I don't personally find it necessary to go to such lengths but just wanted to provide that as a option.

0 Upvotes