CRM

CJ
Participant

Syncing Contact Info from LinkedIn SN to Hubspot CRM

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot Community - 1. With the new LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration, can I import my "LinkedIn contacts" contact info into my Hubspot CRM?  

2. What about LinkedIn lead contact info, can I import that contact info into my Hubspot CRM?

Looking for the best way to get LinkedIn contacts and leads contact info into Hubspot CRM without having to retype everything. The articles I've read on Hubspot do not mention syncing contact info.

Thanks so much for your help.  ~CJ

2 Accepted solutions
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @CJ  If you have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise account, you can integrate with HubSpot using the instructions located here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @Tumbleweed

When looking at the connection between HubSpot CRM and the Syncing LinkedIn Contacts you will not be able to sync your contacts directly over from LinkedIn into HubSpot because those contacts have not yet given you permission or opted into communication. 

The purpose of the connector between HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator is to help you track down related leads, mutual connections, common interests, and more. The connector allows you to do so in HubSpot so you can navigate through this information in one place. 

When importing any contacts in HubSpot you are asked: 

• On the Email Opt-in page, review the statements and select True to confirm that the contacts you are importing are expecting to hear from you and that you have not purchased the list (importing purchased lists is against our Acceptable Use Policy). Place your initials in the field to confirm your selections. 

This is why syncing your LinkedIn Contacts over to HubSpot is not built-in. The contacts you are importing to HubSpot should expect to hear from you which follows Inbound best practices. 

If you have additional questions please let me know and happy to walk through anything. Also, if you are looking for additional importing and HubSpot Contact information you can find more information here

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

36 Replies 36
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Most likely not, as this does not really follow the Inbound methodology for gaining leads and converting them to customers. If you'd like, you can head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post.

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
thedommer

SOLVE

Took me forever to find this answer. Very confusing. Many other CRMs allow you to pull info. its SOOOOOOO handy. Simple things like grabbing the photo and job title. Nothing fancy. Just a fast way to help input more info on contacts. 

Elle_T
Participant

SOLVE

I agree. When you create a company via the URL, the companies linked in profile pulls through. I have a field in my CRM for linked in profile URL next to phone and email. It would be handy to pull the profile photo and job title across. There is access to add photos but who seriously is going to manually upload a pic to each customer???  The feature would be very handy.

Momenta
Contributor

SOLVE

Use LinkMatch

0 Upvotes
Andrew3
Contributor

SOLVE

Pulling in LinkedIn Sales Navigator leads is definitely a MUST have capability within Hubspot.

Innov8ter

SOLVE

Linkedin integration is nearly worthless. Need direct import capabilities to have true value.

Tumbleweed
Contributor

SOLVE

It appears there is no intelligence in this integration. It gives you a little window into LinkedIn nothing more. Please tell me if I am wrong. Not very exiting

cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @Tumbleweed

When looking at the connection between HubSpot CRM and the Syncing LinkedIn Contacts you will not be able to sync your contacts directly over from LinkedIn into HubSpot because those contacts have not yet given you permission or opted into communication. 

The purpose of the connector between HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator is to help you track down related leads, mutual connections, common interests, and more. The connector allows you to do so in HubSpot so you can navigate through this information in one place. 

When importing any contacts in HubSpot you are asked: 

• On the Email Opt-in page, review the statements and select True to confirm that the contacts you are importing are expecting to hear from you and that you have not purchased the list (importing purchased lists is against our Acceptable Use Policy). Place your initials in the field to confirm your selections. 

This is why syncing your LinkedIn Contacts over to HubSpot is not built-in. The contacts you are importing to HubSpot should expect to hear from you which follows Inbound best practices. 

If you have additional questions please let me know and happy to walk through anything. Also, if you are looking for additional importing and HubSpot Contact information you can find more information here

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
SMorris256
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, 
Has anything changed for importing or syncing contacts from Linkedin to Hubspot as this response was in 2018? Thanks 

0 Upvotes
RCardenas2

SOLVE

Good day and thanks for the information. 

I only have one question regarding "expect to hear from you" part, it makes sense when your contact request is in waiting for approval, but once he/she has accepted your request, I would assume he/she would expect hearing from you, right? that said, I would be nice to be able to import accepted contact information automatically to your CRM.  

Thanks again for the support and please let me know if this will be possible in near future. 

Best regards

0 Upvotes
Julian0204
Participant

SOLVE

Importing Leads from Sales Navigator into hubspot is a MUST. 

Salesforce and Microsoft CRM allow for that functionality. If not available, we will unfortunately have to switch to an alternative (I.e. Salesforce).

deeidee
Participant

SOLVE

I don't understand where should be the difference in manually add contacts or giving an option to automatically add LinkedIn contacts to HubSpot CRM???
At least if I add a contact to y Hubspot CRM and a linkedIn profile link, Hubspot could grab the profile picture and some more information. As linkedin became the most important tool for b2b marketing and sales, I guess you have to react and provide a better integration.  

bryan2
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Hubspot - you are letting inbound religion get in the way of people using your product. Just because someone is in Hubspot, doesn't mean we are going to email them. But we do need a way to prospect. If what you are saying by your poor integration with Linked in, is that hubspot CRM isn't for prospecting, just inbound, I would argue you don't really understand sales.  Even in the best inbound organizations, the very best, you still need to prospect.  This is pretty short sighted on your part for this integration.

oxmedia
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

So HubSpot doesn't believe in prospecting? I find that hard to believe as not only an inbound marketing platform but also a sales enablement platform. Sounds like an excuse....

DelRoss
Participant

SOLVE

If a connection on LinkedIn has also opted to Follow me, does that give the permission you require?

Separately, what about followers on linkedin who are NOT connections?

Finally, can I use Hubspot to post to Linkedin?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jonmartin
Contributor

SOLVE

@cbsembler Thanks for your response. That makes a ton of sense. One issue I have run into is when I am using LinkedIn messages for prospecting & relationship building and tracking that information in the contact profile. Do you have any recommendations on how to handle that in a better way?