CRM

jyot

Sync custom fields between test and main account

SOLVE

Hi, is it possible to automatically create the custom fields on the trial/test account whenever a new custom field is created/updated on the main account.

Else, it requires a lot of manual effort to create custom fields on both accounts twice.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jyot,

Currently this is not supported by HubSpot natively. There are however some workarounds:

You could use HubSpot API endpoints to copy properties from one portal to another, see here.

You could evaluate integrations on the HubSpot App Marketplace which might cover this, for example Multi-Portal Sync by Lynton, but the pricing wouldn't be feasible for keeping a live and dev portal in sync.

Generally, doing this manually (opening the property settings in both portals in two browser windows side by side and copying the properties) will – in most cases – be the cheapest and fastest option.

I can see how keeping a live and dev portal in sync is a valid request. You could make that suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestion based on popularity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
advance512
Contributor

SOLVE

Not automatic, but - if you're a developer - we developed a simple solution that you can use for free:

https://github.com/mayple/hubspot_portal_syncer

You can potentially run it every X hours/minutes and hence sync these fields.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jyot,

Currently this is not supported by HubSpot natively. There are however some workarounds:

You could use HubSpot API endpoints to copy properties from one portal to another, see here.

You could evaluate integrations on the HubSpot App Marketplace which might cover this, for example Multi-Portal Sync by Lynton, but the pricing wouldn't be feasible for keeping a live and dev portal in sync.

Generally, doing this manually (opening the property settings in both portals in two browser windows side by side and copying the properties) will – in most cases – be the cheapest and fastest option.

I can see how keeping a live and dev portal in sync is a valid request. You could make that suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestion based on popularity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jyot

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler I ended up using the bulk read and bulk create properties API to achieve this.