CRM

Latitude37
Contributeur

Suspicious contacts - spam?

Résolue

Hi everyone, we have a unusual situation.
In the last 16 hours, we have had 14 new contacts added to our database, however only 6 are genuine leads that have come from CTAs (and have recieved hubspot email notifications for those 6 leads) - the remaning 8 hubspot users seems to be spam.

They all have the same activity list attached to them:
1. Created from offline sources
2. Lifecycle stage changed to subscriber
3. Sent marketing email

all these activities were not completed by our team. What is causing this? is this spam or hacking? Any assistance will be appreciated.  

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
jennysowyrda
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @Latitude37 ,

Have you reached out to HubSpot Technical Support regarding this matter? If you have an issue that is specific to your portal and involves personal information, working with Support with be the most direct way to resolve this issue. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
yadamy
Membre

Résolue

I have a sort of similar situation.  We sent a series of outbound emails to our contacts mid year.  Now we are getting replies from third party spam email addresses that are creating contact records.  I can mark them as spam quite easily in conversations, but then I have to go through and delete the contact record.  Suggestion: this should be automated.  Mark a sender as spam/spammer and the associated contact record gets deleted.  I chatted with support, they said post to the community for support/upvoting so this "good idea" gets addressed.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Some notes: no there is not a landing page that I can close up that is creating these contacts, no workflow is involved... think of it as I sent 500 emails to known-good addresses and from there our sending address got into the ether and is now a destination for spammers.  Option one, close the email address up (not desired, but effective)... option two, manually delete spammers (sigh).  Please tell me there is something better.

0 Votes
PamCotton

Résolue

Hello @yadamy ,

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum here.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Solution

Résolue

Hi @Latitude37 ,

Have you reached out to HubSpot Technical Support regarding this matter? If you have an issue that is specific to your portal and involves personal information, working with Support with be the most direct way to resolve this issue. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Votes
Latitude37
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Jenny, i have and thanks for the advice, ill stick to support on this matter.

0 Votes