CRM

seichen

Stop Contacts From Being Created From Every Email Received

SOLVE

A contact is being created from every email I receive.  Is there a way to handle this so I can determine if I want that contact to be created?

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @seichen,

Do you have your inbox connected through the conversations tool? If so, this is the expected behavior and I would recommend looking at the filtering options, or disconnecting your inbox as a shared inbox. If you connect your inbox as a personal inbox, this behavior should not occur, as only contacts you choose to log and track emails to will be created as contacts.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @seichen,

Do you have your inbox connected through the conversations tool? If so, this is the expected behavior and I would recommend looking at the filtering options, or disconnecting your inbox as a shared inbox. If you connect your inbox as a personal inbox, this behavior should not occur, as only contacts you choose to log and track emails to will be created as contacts.

Thank you,
Jenny

sbauerle

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the information here.  I am trying to figure out how to find the filtering options so I can utilize the connected inbox to track conversations, but only for contacts I want in the Hubspot system.  (Not everyone who emails me)  As stated on this thread, it is adding a new contact into Hubspot for every email in my inbox.

Thanks!

Steve

samecustomer
Participant

SOLVE

that did it. thank you!!!

0 Upvotes