CRM

John38655
Participant

Static lists corrupting each other.

SOLVE

I have two forms on my website. I’m trying to create two static lists – one for each form. Each list is set up to use Form Submissions as the only filter. The first list gets set up fine. When I set up the second list, some of the properties from the first list get added to the second list. The two lists seem to be ‘polluting’ each other. No amount of column editing can remove the conflict.

Here is the chat I had today with Patrick from the Hubspot sales team about this issue:

Patrick8:32 AM

Hi John​, this is Patrick from HubSpot Sales. I am here to help you explore Paid Products we offer or connect you with resources for any of our Freemium tools. How are you today?

Patrick8:32 AM

Hi Patrick. I have two forms on my website. I’m trying to create two static lists – one for each form.

Each list is set up to use Form Submissions as the only filter. The first list gets set up fine. When I set up the second list, some of the properties from the first list get added to the second list. The two lists seem to be ‘polluting’ each other.

No amount of column editing can remove the conflict.

You8:33 AM

Happy to point you in the right direction! For some clarity, you've chatted into sales so my technical knowledge might be a little bit limited.

I'm happy to give it a go and see what we can achieve here. If I am not able to help you resolve this, I can point you to the next best steps. To do so can I begin by asking a few questions?

Patrick8:34 AM

Thank you, looking over your question. Are you having an issue with contacts being added to both list?

Patrick8:42 AM

The contacts are being added correctly to both lists.

You8:43 AM

Ok, can you send me a screen shot of the list you've created.

Patrick8:44 AM

Yes, I see one of the list.

Which properties are you seeing that are being added to the second list?

Patrick8:48 AM

John38655_0-1651501733846.png

Screenshot 2022-05-02 075053.png

62.9KB

Here is that same list after I opened the other list, added property columns and saved it. Now, two columns from the other list have been added - "City" and "Please enter your contribution amount".

You8:55 AM

Looking at the screenshot now. I'm also going to reach out to one of my colleagues to try and figure this out.

If I'm unable to solve this for you today, I'll get you started with best next steps. Give me a moment.

Patrick9:01 AM

Thank you.

You9:01 AM

I'm still here troubleshooting the issue on my end.

Patrick9:06 AM

Take your time.

You9:06 AM

What steps have you taken to remove the properties from your second list?

Patrick9:09 AM

The properties that have been added to the Contact Us list, from the Join Us list, are valid properties - on the Join Us list.

You9:11 AM

Okay let’s take a step back to make sure we are looking to accomplish the same task and make sure we are on the same page. You are looking to remove some properties from the Join Us List that you would like to solely be in the Contact Us list? Is this correct?

Patrick9:13 AM

Yes. I can remove and add columns at will, to either list. The problem is that if I edit the columns in one list - to include all properties that are supposed to be there - then properties that I have added to that list get added to the other list.

You9:18 AM

Including properties that have no business being in the other list.

You9:19 AM

Curious, are you using HubSpot forms on your website?

Patrick9:20 AM

No. These two forms are by FluentForms. But the same thing happens with forms from two other companies.

You9:22 AM

I see how that is frustrating. Static lists should not auto update because they are static, not active. Our Active lists auto update. Have you tried using an active list instead?

Patrick9:27 AM

No. FluentForms says that their forms will not work with HubSpot active lists.

You9:28 AM

Understandable, It seems though it may be these platform aren't completely compatible. HubSpot also offers the ability to create and add forms to your webpage.

Active list work better with form submissions.

Patrick9:31 AM

That seems reasonable - that active lists might be required to accept form submissions.

Unfortunately, HubSpot doesn't integrate natively with PayPal. We need PayPal for membership payments. FluentForms is the most cost effective integration I have found.

You9:34 AM

HubSpot also offers a payment tool. See here, is it similar to what your currently using?

Patrick9:39 AM

Looks like that tool doesn't work on the free version of HubSpot.

You9:41 AM

We are a small nonprofit with a tiny budget.

You9:42 AM

No, it doesn't . However it will allow for you and your company to consolidate your tools and have everything operating out of one platform.

HubSpot also offers a program for nonprofits see here. Have you had the chance to apply?

Patrick9:47 AM

We are the "wrong" kind of nonprofit for that program. We are 501(c)4.

You9:48 AM

Understandable, well I can’t see a lot of insight into what is happening here. It is odd that your static lists are updating as they should not be because being static means they would not update! I recommend posting this in the HubSpot Community so our technical team can get some eyes on it. I will also keep digging into this and email over anything I find for you.

Patrick9:50 AM

Thank you Patrick.

You9:51 AM

Can I post this chat over at the HubSpot Community?

You9:52 AM

No problem. I'll go ahead and close this chat for now. Feel free to reach out to us again, leverage the self-service resources of the Knowledge Base, the video courses in the HubSpot Academy, or our one-to-many support in the HubSpot Community with any additional questions. Have a great rest of your day!

Patrick9:52 AM

Yes you may. (=

Patrick9:52 AM

Bye.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @John38655,

My recommendation is:

• Create your 2 lists (a static list will only include people that have already filled out the form, not future people - an active list will add new people that fill out the form for the lists)
  • Go to the main Contacts page where all contacts are shown
  • Add a filter using list membership for only one of the lists
  • Edit the columns you want to see as associated with that list
  • Save the view
  • Repeat the steps for your other list, but save as a new view and modify the columns accordingly

This will give you 2 unique views with the appropriate columns and list membership. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @John38655,

My recommendation is:

• Create your 2 lists (a static list will only include people that have already filled out the form, not future people - an active list will add new people that fill out the form for the lists)
  • Go to the main Contacts page where all contacts are shown
  • Add a filter using list membership for only one of the lists
  • Edit the columns you want to see as associated with that list
  • Save the view
  • Repeat the steps for your other list, but save as a new view and modify the columns accordingly

This will give you 2 unique views with the appropriate columns and list membership. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer