CRM

MaxAllen
Participant

Staging domain URL adding the 'en' language variant

Hi guys,

We're in the process of launching a multi-regional site using the staging tool. We're already on hubspot and the existing site ahas the same regions applied so essentially a website update.

The issue we're encountering is that when we stage the 'global' page it's adding the english language ('en') slug to the existing URL. For example; www.website.com/company becomes www.website.com/en/company. 

I've done a test publish and this is also reflected in the new URL that's published.

So the question is, are there some settings that I'm not aware of we need change or do we need to manually go through and remove this on every  staged URL so the existing URL isn't modified.

And follow up question - WHY!?

Thanks Team

4 Replies 4
MaxAllen
Participant

Hi @Javierismo, we did some testing through the staging process. It was an existing global site that we were updating and the regional slug would get added if that page had gegional variants. In order to keep the slug as it was before we manually went into each page and removed it from the URL in the page settings. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing the update @MaxAllen, much appreciated! 

I know that this is not an optimal approach as it's very time-consuming. Our product team is working on long-term improvements to the staging tool: see this Ideas post. It'd be great if you can share feedback for the team in the comments. Thank you! 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Javierismo
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

I'm in the same situation, any update for this?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MaxAllen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @Josh@ChrisoKlepke@Gilempert, do you have any advice for @MaxAllen? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings