CRM

JMurry

Spam Contacts from Shopify Integration

Has anyone had an issue with Spam Contacts being added via a Shopify Integration.

We added the shopify Integration and had no problem for a week or so. I logged in today and see 25-30 spam contacts all labeled as Mark Mustermann with a slightly different email and street address. Each has an deal/order created via my shop (does not show in my shop, only in here) and has a small amount like $30 attached to a deal. And then shows abandoned cart.

It says this in each contact deal activity

This contact was created from Offline Sources from Integrations Sync

Example of one of the contacts
Mark Mustermann
Fakemail

Amount: $32.19
Close date: --
Stage:
Checkout Abandoned
fake72022@fakemail.com

My best guess is it came in via the Shopify Integration but I dont know how. None of this shows up on my actual Shopify account.

I am hoping someone has suggestions on how to stop this from happening. I know I can delete the contacts.

And if necessary will have to remove the integration, but that will make it harder for my sales team to track their sales. So hoping there are some other ways to stop this from happening
0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Spam Contacts from Shopify Integration

Hi @JMurry

Thank you for reaching out to us! I understand that currently Shopify is creating contacts that are spam contacts and it is mapping to create new contacts within HubSpot. Although there is not a way on HubSpot's end to detect if they are spam contacts or not Shopify may have a solution to prevent this from occurring. I would suggest reaching out directly to Shopify Support to see if there is a way to block spam contacts: 

Shopify Support

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 Upvotes