CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Sorting deals - list view

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm working with my deals in a list view. 

I want to sort these records in a specific way: 

sort by company name first AND then sort by deal stage maintaining the first sort criteria. how can I achieve this? 

What is happening right now: 

I sort by company name, when I sort by deal stage the company name column gets messed up. 

Many thanks for your help!!!

Screenshot.jpg

1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510 

The ability to sort alphabetically in list view is limited to a single property, unlike say an excel spreadsheet where you can combine sorting on multiple columns.. What could be better for you is to create and save views

E.g. set the columns you want to see, sort companies alphabetically and then apply a filter for a deal stage. Then save that as a view. Filter by the next deal stage and save that as a new view... and so on. You will now have saved views for each deal stage that you can click through that shows all companies alphabetically. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Hutchlyn

SOLVE

I would also like to see "Advanced Sort" function added for list view. This is one of the basic attributes of any database and would be a great new feature.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Hutchlyn,

Thank you for feedback.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510 

The ability to sort alphabetically in list view is limited to a single property, unlike say an excel spreadsheet where you can combine sorting on multiple columns.. What could be better for you is to create and save views

E.g. set the columns you want to see, sort companies alphabetically and then apply a filter for a deal stage. Then save that as a view. Filter by the next deal stage and save that as a new view... and so on. You will now have saved views for each deal stage that you can click through that shows all companies alphabetically. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks @Jonno_Price

I thought indeed that sorting is limited to 1 property at a time, you've just confirmed. 

I'll indeed play with multiple views as you suggested. 

Thanks

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Edyta7510, thank you for providing a screenshot of what is happening on your end, I would like to invite our top experts  @Jonno_Price @Josh @LouiseGlover  any recommendations to @Edyta7510 matter?

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes