Sorting contacts by name is not working

maciekel1

I'm testing Hubspot Sale CRM app and found a problem with contacts list sorting.
If I sort by name, the order is random, not alphabetical.
Company list is being sorted without the problem by name. and all other sorting operations on contacts list is going good.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix the problem?
Cheers!

7 Replies 7
Marie-Helene

Yes same for me...is it possible to sort them out by first name? 

monicaway
Contributor

Also the same problem for me. Any update on this?

0 Upvotes
monicaway
Contributor

Indeed. on the Contacts page, the "Name" property does not sort the list alphabetically.

As a work-around until this gets fixed, I noticed that if I edit the columns to include the "First Name" property, I can alphabetically sort the list using this column. 

0 Upvotes
monicaway
Contributor

I found out from @Phil_Vallender that sorting the Name field sorts by surname. If you want to sort by first name instead you will have to add the First Name column to your view and then sort that. 

It would be great if this were an option that could be changed (i.e. Sort Name column by First Name or Last Name). 

Thanks to Phil for answering the question.

Monica

cliff

My list is not sorted by surname.  It is random.  Anyone have another answer?

0 Upvotes
cliff

Now it is sorting by surname.  Is there an intermittent problem?

0 Upvotes
WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

It's great you can add "first name" and "last name" as seperate columns, but it won't let me get rid of the full "name" column, nor resort "name" to be last in the column list so it would be out of sight. So what I ended up with is a column for full name, then first name. And this is the only way I can sort alphabetically by first name. This is an issue that should be fixed!

0 Upvotes