CRM

srferguson

Sorting Columns in contact view

SOLVE

Hi all

I'm new to Hubspot Admin so apologies if there is a simple answer!

In contacts view, I want to be able to sort the Associated Company column but it is missing the little arrows that lets me sort as per the below picture  

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 12.40.45.png

Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

Thanks!

Simon 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @srferguson 

No you are not missing anything. It's a funny one this, because Associated company is a reference to an associated object, rather than a contact property itself, it can not be sorted on. Do you have the company name on the contact record also - I often workflow copy this information from the company to the contact - as you could add that column to your view and sort by that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @srferguson 

No you are not missing anything. It's a funny one this, because Associated company is a reference to an associated object, rather than a contact property itself, it can not be sorted on. Do you have the company name on the contact record also - I often workflow copy this information from the company to the contact - as you could add that column to your view and sort by that. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
srferguson

SOLVE

Thanks Phil

the reason I'm using associated company is that the company field doesn't seem to want to populate all of the time.  The email domain links to the company records all ok, but it doesn't seem to want to do company too

0 Upvotes