CRM

mlangner

Sorting Columns in Company by Custom Property?

I am trying to understand the sort logic for Company views so that I can get the information I need displayed in the order I want.  I'd like to sort by a custom property called "Target" which is a radio button property that has the following choices:

IPO

Unicorn

50MM

Seed

Opportunistic

I have the sort in the property setting set up like above because that's how I'd like it to sort the column in the view - but it sorts in the company view as:

Unicorn

Seed

Opportunistic

IPO

This is neither alpha or based on any logic I can identify - if I reverse the sort it reverses that order.  I tried tricking the sort by adding a leading number like it was excel - but it still sorted as above? 

What am missing?

6 Replies 6
JOakley
Contributor

@hubspot Any movement on this?  Two years and counting, would be really great to understand how we can order these things properly, it's getting pretty frustrating.  THanks!

0 Upvotes
KSimms
Participant

I was hoping for a solution unfortunately it seems this bug is still around. 
It doesn't reflect the order I saved it as when customising it.  @hubspot any recommendations on how to resolve or a trick to get around this? 

0 Upvotes
NJordan
Participant

Same problem here several months later. Sad this doesn't have more replies.

I've got a prospects tier property setup with Gold, Silver, Bronze, Wood in that order and the Company views' sorting will not respect this. It seems like a simple bug, but I don't see a good way to report this to the HubSpot engineering team.

Aleeson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi there- Just a wild guess, but as I see it's a radio select, if you go into the property settings (Settings -> Properties-> Name of custom property) and check the order the options show up in under the property editor, do they match the order of your sort? 

Ie, is the order of the sort the same as the order you set up the radio select options? Try rearranging them in the Property editor to be alphabetical, and seeing if that changes the sort order.

Let me know if this helps!

Al

0 Upvotes
mlangner

Unfortunately it doesn't.  I even switched some of the order in the property to see if that impacted the view sort - and it didnt'

CCB20935-88FC-4F3D-A343-6453FF14D781.jpeg

mlangner

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.58.31 AM.png