CRM

JStenbaek
Contributor

Show lineitems on Custom objects

Hi all

When I am creating a custom object I can create an association between the line item and the Custom object. But I can't see the line item on the custom object. I would like it to show somewhere on the in the right side as it is doing on a deal.

7 Replies 7
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vanessahunt & @omTheFirst

I apologize for the delay in my response. I'm afraid there haven't been any updates here, line items are still not supported in custom objects. 

Other customers have requested this feature in our Ideas forum: link here. Our product team uses this forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. They pay particular attention to the top voted ideas, it'd therefore be great if you could support the request with an upvote and leave your feedback in the comments. Thank you! 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@MiaSrebrnjak I am reviewing solutions for managing revenue forecasting, and was considering creating a custom object fora Revenue Schedule, which would be auto-populated based on Line Items on a Deal. Is it still not recommended to use a custom object with Line Items or has this now changed since this was originally posted, please? Line Items hold the details we would need. I'm not sure what other options there would be (apart from looking at marketplace apps), but we're trying to incorporate as much data as we can directly in HubSpot for reporting purposes.

0 Upvotes
RSaillant

Hi there @MiaSrebrnjak ,

I'm replying here because I have the same trouble. I created a custom object "Order" that we use for our online orders that don't go through the Sales funnel, so that when we look at a contact, we can easily see which deals are "true" Sales deals and which are orders. I wanted to use line items in this custom object, but as you said the API call seems OK but then I can't see any associated line item when I go on the order.

Is there really no way to do it? Do you know if this will be changed soon?

Thanks,

Romain

JPatel4
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@MiaSrebrnjak 

I have set up an association between line item object and a custom object(Sales invoice) but it does not show up on the right panel view. Nor able to associate more

JPatel4_0-1646868677085.png

JPatel4_2-1646868774979.png

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JPatel4,

you should be able to customize the record sidebar, you can find instructions in this article. 

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 17.28.08.png

I hope this helps! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JStenbaek,

thank you for posting. I belive this is related to your question here? I wanted to share it here for visibility. 

Currently, Line Items shouldn’t be associated with Custom Objects. Technically, the Custom Object API will accept a POST request to the Associations Definition for Line Items, but because Line Items are only expected to work with Deals / Products there is going to be some inconsistent behavior when viewed on a custom object - like the behaviour you described above. Custom Objects can currently only be associated to Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, and other Custom Objects. 

It would be great if you could explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve with custom objects and line items in the thread that I linked above; if possible, with a concrete example for better understanding. 

I'm not an expert in this area myself, but I'll be glad to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any tips. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

omTheFirst
Participant

Hi There, this question may be a little older but our problem fits here and we cant find anything related to that problem. As described we also tried to connected a custom object with line items. The API request was successful but we cant see or do anything with the line items.  We are trying to archive the following use-case: Our custom object represents one or many orders to a given offer (deal). The order object should have line items because we want to see if positions from the offer have been converted into an order.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!