CRM

hubsp
Contributor

Show info/description on fields in create contact form. Regex on field?

SOLVE

Hi

Can I show the description in a tooltip of a property in the create forms?

See pichubspotDesc.png

Is it possible to require a format on the input. Something like regex?

Example: Phone inputfield has to start with the +-sign

Thanks

2 Accepted solutions
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @hubsp 

I was actually just looking this up! You can semi-validate phone numbers on form submissions. Here is the HubSpot Knowledgebase article.

The article explains that only common characters can be added natively. You can also restrict the number of characters (min-max), and prompt a country code for further validation! This will need to be done per form, however.

I also did a quick search and found an integration that looks like it will format for you for only $5 a month. Maybe someone will have some more ideas for specific integrations. We use an AMAZING VoIP service (Aloware) that formats the number for us and is highly integrated with HubSpot.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@hubsp - You can do just about anything with the forms, as long as you have some dev chops.

You can use the global javascript form events and listen for the form load, then attach custom events to a specific form input...

Here's a decent example of what something like that would look like. https://designers.hubspot.com/code-gallery/entry/founders/tim-belch-Material-Radios-for-HubSpot

This one is listening for the form to load then attaching material classes to the input fields right after form render. Your approach will be similar whether you find a jquery library to help with the regex or you write your own custom event like this one

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

@hubsp - You can do just about anything with the forms, as long as you have some dev chops.

You can use the global javascript form events and listen for the form load, then attach custom events to a specific form input...

Here's a decent example of what something like that would look like. https://designers.hubspot.com/code-gallery/entry/founders/tim-belch-Material-Radios-for-HubSpot

This one is listening for the form to load then attaching material classes to the input fields right after form render. Your approach will be similar whether you find a jquery library to help with the regex or you write your own custom event like this one

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @hubsp 

I was actually just looking this up! You can semi-validate phone numbers on form submissions. Here is the HubSpot Knowledgebase article.

The article explains that only common characters can be added natively. You can also restrict the number of characters (min-max), and prompt a country code for further validation! This will need to be done per form, however.

I also did a quick search and found an integration that looks like it will format for you for only $5 a month. Maybe someone will have some more ideas for specific integrations. We use an AMAZING VoIP service (Aloware) that formats the number for us and is highly integrated with HubSpot.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @hubsp 

I will tag some of our top experts to share their thoughts here, @tjoyce@StefaniUAT@ConnorSlivensky, what would you suggest for  @hubsp question?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !