CRM

ChildfreeFamily
Participant

Show data collected from WordPress on registration

SOLVE

I have recently added HubSpot to my WordPress website.  All of my users were populated into HubSpot, but there is some information missing.

When a person registers for my site they input things like Male/Femail, date of birth, City, State, Zip, etc.  This data is stored on their user profile in the "Extended Profile Section".

I do not see this information on their HubSpot profiles.  Is there a way to bring this data over as well?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChildfreeFamily 

Sorry for the late reply on this.  If you are using collected forms to connect your WordPress site to HubSpot, you absolutely need to make sure the names on your form fields in WordPress match exactly the field names in HubSpot.  If not, the data will not flow from the WordPress form to HubSpot reliably.  In most cases, you can either rename your WordPress form field or rename your HubSpot property to make this happen.  You can also create new HubSpot properties that match your WordPress form fields if they don't exist today.  Here is a help article that explains how to do that:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Personally, I use a forms integration tool instead of HubSpot's collected forms because the forms integration allows me to control which HubSpot Properties will be populated from each WordPress form field.  Good integrations exist for both Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms.  Personally, I use Gravity Forms with Big Sea's HubSpot for Gravity Forms extension.

Hoep this helps!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ChildfreeFamily
Participant

SOLVE

Any thoughts on this?

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ChildfreeFamily 

Sorry for the late reply on this.  If you are using collected forms to connect your WordPress site to HubSpot, you absolutely need to make sure the names on your form fields in WordPress match exactly the field names in HubSpot.  If not, the data will not flow from the WordPress form to HubSpot reliably.  In most cases, you can either rename your WordPress form field or rename your HubSpot property to make this happen.  You can also create new HubSpot properties that match your WordPress form fields if they don't exist today.  Here is a help article that explains how to do that:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Personally, I use a forms integration tool instead of HubSpot's collected forms because the forms integration allows me to control which HubSpot Properties will be populated from each WordPress form field.  Good integrations exist for both Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms.  Personally, I use Gravity Forms with Big Sea's HubSpot for Gravity Forms extension.

Hoep this helps!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @ChildfreeFamily 

I would definetly help you on this. Can you once share the form url with me here as because I will check for what naming conventions we have in the form and if they are supported with HubSpot contact properties.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
ChildfreeFamily
Participant

SOLVE

Sure thing.  https://childfreefamily.com/register/

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ChildfreeFamily,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can provide any further clarity.

Hi @trevordjones @Josh @himanshurauthan, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !