CRM

Andrew_atAccess

Should I wait for an export to finish before deleting those contacts?

SOLVE

Sometimes it can take a while for an export to finish. If I'm planning to delete the contacts from the database, should I want for the export (a backup for my records) to finish? Or, do I risk not getting some of those contacts in the export?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Andrew_atAccess 

I cant answer your question with 100% technical acccuracy - but I would strongly recommend you wait. 

Exporting takes time for a reason. The task may have sit in a queue for a while (speculation) and I doubt that all contacts in an export (especially a large one) are instantly chached to the export process. Meaning I would assume that until the export is finished, it can not possibly be 100% safe to delete the contacts that are also being exported. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Andrew_atAccess 

I cant answer your question with 100% technical acccuracy - but I would strongly recommend you wait. 

Exporting takes time for a reason. The task may have sit in a queue for a while (speculation) and I doubt that all contacts in an export (especially a large one) are instantly chached to the export process. Meaning I would assume that until the export is finished, it can not possibly be 100% safe to delete the contacts that are also being exported. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency