CRM

DSS-Gary
Participant

Should I import people's personal emails?

SOLVE

I had a contractor find emails for a number of contacts in my Hubspot CRM. They nicely made a separate column ("Additional Emails") for the contact's personal email in some cases, mostly where they couldn't find the work email (I'm a small B2B software company). (These are all contacts I've contacted via LinkedIn or similar.)

I don't want to spam people's personal emails, but I'd also like to record them since I have them -- don't want to throw away good work.

What's the best way to handle that in Hubspot CRM? Can I include those personal/additional emails in my data import but exclude them from my main mailing list easily? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can only email to the primary email address field in Hubspot and you can collect multiple email addresses in that field ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-a-contact ).  So if the data is in another field, you won't be able to take action on it.  Whether or not to use personal email addresses really depends on your business. For example, if you are marketing to both businesses and consumers (ie: a landscaping company) then this makes sense.  However, if you are strictly B2B, why would you market to that if you were not given that information?  As an example, imagine if the reverse were true and promotional emails from companies like Amazon that you wanted to your personal account started flooding your work inbox, would you still want to receive that email?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can only email to the primary email address field in Hubspot and you can collect multiple email addresses in that field ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-a-contact ).  So if the data is in another field, you won't be able to take action on it.  Whether or not to use personal email addresses really depends on your business. For example, if you are marketing to both businesses and consumers (ie: a landscaping company) then this makes sense.  However, if you are strictly B2B, why would you market to that if you were not given that information?  As an example, imagine if the reverse were true and promotional emails from companies like Amazon that you wanted to your personal account started flooding your work inbox, would you still want to receive that email?